Please share the time table of kids?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Please share the time table of kids?

Postby Oppsgal » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:08 am

What are the time tables of kids?

For my kid, the time table is different when turns from 3 yrs old to 4 yrs old. :sweat: My kid is forever feeling hungry. Meal time from 7pm till 10pm - 7pm dinner, 9pm has snack, 10pm milk time, so the sleeping time become later and later. Is this normal?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Please share the time table of kids?

Postby Imami » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:20 am

What are the time tables of kids?

For my kid, the time table is different when turns from 3 yrs old to 4 yrs old. My kid is forever feeling hungry. Meal time from 7pm till 10pm - 7pm dinner, 9pm has snack, 10pm milk time, so the sleeping time become later and later. Is this normal?

I think you are just talking about the time table for food/eating right? And which part is your “is this normal” referring to – the ‘constant eating’ or the ‘sleep later and later’?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Imami wrote:What are the time tables of kids?

For my kid, the time table is different when turns from 3 yrs old to 4 yrs old. My kid is forever feeling hungry. Meal time from 7pm till 10pm - 7pm dinner, 9pm has snack, 10pm milk time, so the sleeping time become later and later. Is this normal?

I think you are just talking about the time table for food/eating right? And which part is your “is this normal” referring to – the ‘constant eating’ or the ‘sleep later and later’?

Yes, the meal time, how many meals and what are the timing like?

I am wondering is it normal to have many meals at night for a 4yrs old? Even in cc, my kid always hungry.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Yes. Growth spurt mah. Also check if he is getting too much low calorie food like porridge and steamed food. Might need to bulk up the calories a bit more.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:24 pm

ammonite wrote:Yes. Growth spurt mah. Also check if he is getting too much low calorie food like porridge and steamed food. Might need to bulk up the calories a bit more.

Weird that only my kid is complaining hungry in cc. Thought not normal as the teacher keep telling me my kid always hungry. :lol: The good thing is, my kid eat more than other kid, but still not grow any fatter.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Oppsgal wrote:
ammonite wrote:Yes. Growth spurt mah. Also check if he is getting too much low calorie food like porridge and steamed food. Might need to bulk up the calories a bit more.

Weird that only my kid is complaining hungry in cc. Thought not normal as the teacher keep telling me my kid always hungry. :lol: The good thing is, my kid eat more than other kid, but still not grow any fatter.

Appetite varies from time to time because of growth spurts, and also varies because different kids have different activity levels and metabolic rates. I agree with ammonite that you could try to give him more calorie-dense foods so each meal can last him longer. Also, why can't he have his milk as his snack or with his snack? Then his bedtime won't keep getting later. Actually, if you put him to bed earlier after a good dinner, he won't eat as much at night.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:07 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Oppsgal wrote:

Appetite varies from time to time because of growth spurts, and also varies because different kids have different activity levels and metabolic rates. I agree with ammonite that you could try to give him more calorie-dense foods so each meal can last him longer. Also, why can't he have his milk as his snack or with his snack? Then his bedtime won't keep getting later. Actually, if you put him to bed earlier after a good dinner, he won't eat as much at night.

My kid prefers to eat snack like biscuit or cornflakes before drink the milk half an hour later. Last time used to put brown rice powder mix together with milk, now kid's taste changed or what... refused to drink. If I do not give snack, only let my kid drink milk, my kid wakes up in the early morning, as early as 5am for food. :sweat:

I have tried to ask if can mix cornflakes in milk and eat, but got rejected. :shrug:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 pm

My little munchkin goes to full day cc. In the morning, he would hv milk at home. The cc takes care of his breakfast, lunch and pm tea break. When I pick him up at 6pm, he would get a bun (those from break talk) as a pre-dinner snack. Dinner is usually ready by 6.45pm. He would eat a serving which I think is a good portion for A preschooler. Slightly more than a usual rice bowl, with veg, meat, eggs tofu etc and a bowl of soup. Around 8.30-9pm, he would hv his milk feed before bedtime.

The cc teacher says he eat a lot in cc. Some kid's only manage one bowl or so but he would eat two or three bowls. So I guess he just have a hearty appetite. So envious, he doesn't seem to grow fat! If I eat like him, within 3 months I would hv turned into a big zero!

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:52 am

Oppsgal wrote:My kid prefers to eat snack like biscuit or cornflakes before drink the milk half an hour later. Last time used to put brown rice powder mix together with milk, now kid's taste changed or what... refused to drink. If I do not give snack, only let my kid drink milk, my kid wakes up in the early morning, as early as 5am for food. :sweat:

I have tried to ask if can mix cornflakes in milk and eat, but got rejected. :shrug:

I think he's just pushing for a later bedtime! Be firm and don't let him push things so late. Also try giving him more calorie-dense food - bran flakes will fill him better than corn flakes, and give him biscuits which are whole grain and high fibre. Give him a bigger, denser dinner with more rice (even better if it's brown rice) too.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 am

Imami wrote:My little munchkin goes to full day cc. In the morning, he would hv milk at home. The cc takes care of his breakfast, lunch and pm tea break. When I pick him up at 6pm, he would get a bun (those from break talk) as a pre-dinner snack. Dinner is usually ready by 6.45pm. He would eat a serving which I think is a good portion for A preschooler. Slightly more than a usual rice bowl, with veg, meat, eggs tofu etc and a bowl of soup. Around 8.30-9pm, he would hv his milk feed before bedtime.

The cc teacher says he eat a lot in cc. Some kid's only manage one bowl or so but he would eat two or three bowls. So I guess he just have a hearty appetite. So envious, he doesn't seem to grow fat! If I eat like him, within 3 months I would hv turned into a big zero!

Yes, very envious of my kid, not much fat after eating so many meals. :sweat:

My kid hardly finish the dinner meal, likes to left a few mouthful. My kid used to only have milk before bedtime when kid is 3 yrs old, now 4 yrs old, need additional food (snack).

Think will try to get some cheese let my kid eats tonight as snack, plus a cup of milk. Currently, my kid still prefer drinking from milk bottle for milk. Hope won't rejected again. :shrug:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Working With Your Child