my 10 year old

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

my 10 year old

Postby chixchix » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Hii all , i am in such a dilemma. My boy just turned 10 and is in p4 this year. I noticed a big change all of a sudden here, he has become more lazy, likes to use my i phone and see tv all the time. He spends his time eating and watching the laptop cartoons.

He goes tuition for 2x a week only but other than that, he never studies. If I give him some work to do ,he scribbles in his Assestment book.

I keep getting complaints from his teachers that he doesnt copy down corrections properly and keeps making silly mistakes. When my husband and I scold him for something, he raises his voice at us, and argues. Something which he never did before. When I talk to him nicely to ask what is the problem, he says that we keep scolding him.

Anyone in the same position ?

Re: my 10 year old

Postby alanchansg » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:35 pm

I am going for the Preparing for Parenting Teens organized by MCYC. This is a 4-sessions course targeted for parents whose children are presently aged 9 to 13 years old.

Date: 30 Jul, 6 Aug, 13 Aug and 20 Aug 2013 (Tuesdays)

Time: 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm

Place: Blk 106 Bukit Batok Central, #01-217, S(650106)

Cost: $60 per parent or $100 per couple

· Adolescent development

· Discipline without disciplining

· Building and maintaining strong relationships through positive communication

· Managing angry situations

· Boundaries and consequences

· Self-care for parents

If you are interested, we can go together, my son is also 10 this year.

Re: my 10 year old

Postby winnie_pooh » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:29 am

Hi alansg

I have pm you.

Return to Working With Your Child