Keep Kids Safe At His/Her Preschool

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Keep Kids Safe At His/Her Preschool

Postby angel89 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Its every parents worst nightmare to have his or her child snatched from his or her preschool or playground in broad daylight never to be seen or heard from again. How do you guys ensure your child's safety while they are in school?

angel89
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Keep Kids Safe At His/Her Preschool

Postby Nebbermind » Sat May 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Deleted

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:22 pm

I had the same concerns too when my kids were toddlers.

The childcare which I sent my kids to have a receptionist at the entrance. The classrooms were located at the back of the centre and people will need to walk pass the kitchen to get to the classrooms. No outdoor play for this childcare because it was within a building.

For childcare located in landed properties, I would take leave to sit at the childcare to observe how safety conscious the teachers are. Is the gate closed all the time? Do they talk amongst themselves during the children's outdoor play time? Do they perform a headcount?

My fear continued even when kids were in primary school. Am a parent volunteer for excursions.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KimMills » Thu May 23, 2013 10:54 pm

Its the preschool or day care centers' responsibility to ensure safety of the kids. We as parents trust their management and give our kids' responsibility in their hands.

KimMills
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sembgal » Thu May 23, 2013 11:12 pm

angel89 wrote:Its every parents worst nightmare to have his or her child snatched from his or her preschool or playground in broad daylight never to be seen or heard from again. How do you guys ensure your child's safety while they are in school?

I would rephrase it as it is every teacher and school worst nightmare to have children snatched away in broad daylight. The school will be more worried than the parents. Trust the teachers and trust yourself that you put your child in the best hands of someone you trust to care for your child.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child