How to be self-control

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

How to be self-control

Postby piggyec » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi,

Any matter to help kid (6yrs old) with no self-control, can't concentrate/focus on study and paying attention in class.

piggyec
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: How to be self-control

Postby heyhoe » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi piggyec,

Sounds very much like ds3. He's still very playful.

Mine needs firm hands to handle him and rewards to entice him. Eg. when it comes to do tingxie, I will usually offer him 2 options either mom or dad to guide him. He usually wants me to teach him and when he gets distracted, I usually offer him snack/dessert as reward for his effort. Dh will test him to make sure that he really learn. We're still learning in progress.

As for his focus in class, I usually ask the teacher to help. She will tell me whether he focus or not focus towards the end of the class. If he focus, he gets to play immediately after class or snacks. Otherwise, he doesn't get anything until much later.

Hope this helps.

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Dino-Craze » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi piggyec,

It is said exposure to TV and electronic devices (i-Pad, i-phones) should be kept to minimum or not more than 2-hours to help his concentration power also.

Not sure if you allow him exposure to this but if yes, can control the amount of time he spends on it.

Dino-Craze
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby KimMills » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:35 am

I completely agree with DIno-craze, these devices do not let the mind to concentrate, whether its a child or an adult. Secondly, let him play outside in the field with other kids in the evenings in which he would get interested over time. And offer to make him a surprise snack for him if he studies well everyday in the school and at home.

KimMills
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

How to be self-control

Postby basisk » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Self-control separates us from our ancient ancestors and the rest of the animal kingdom thanks to our large prefrontal cortices . A great deal of our inability to achieve our goals can be attributed to lack .

click here

basisk
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Working With Your Child