Study show young kids using gadgets are exposed to risk

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Study show young kids using gadgets are exposed to risk

Postby lchunleo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:27 pm

http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/k ... s/page/0/0

A report from NIE shows that younger children using gadgets of ipad, iphone likes are exposed to great risk. Any comment?

i felt that gadgets using cause aggravated tantrums and conflict with parents especially when these devices are denied from their use. A devil or angel, are you to judge. How do you refrain or limit your child use of such devices?

Pls feel free to discuss.

lchunleo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Study show young kids using gadgets are exposed to risk

Postby Imami » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 pm

I am still resisting the introduction of such electronic gadgets to my kid. I don't know much about the risk and so on. My reason is very simple - to preserve his perfect eye sight for as long as possible and that there are much more activities for the kid's than to be glued to a little electronic toy. We have iPads, iPhone etc but the little one at home knows it is a treat to watch cartoons or "read books" from our iPhone/iPad. I have made it clear enough to him that It is a treat, not a right.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Study show young kids using gadgets are exposed to risk

Postby Em » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:43 pm

Hide the tv remotes and apply passcodes for iPhone and iPad. Better still, get rid of the tv

Em
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Working With Your Child