how to inspire your kid

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Re: how to inspire your kid

Postby ricktoh741 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:29 pm

i show them youtube movie of unfortunate people so that they know what blessing is all about.

ricktoh741
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ammonite » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:44 am

Rio666 wrote:I heard a theory, for boy, they need exhaust themselves first before they can calm down and focus on study, is it correct?????????????????????

erm, I am not sure about exhaust themselves...but if you observe your children, sometimes they are brimming with energy and you know they will not be able to sit down until they have burn off the excess/nervous energy. You can try letting your child go out to swim or cycle for 30min to an hour before tackling his work. Different children have energy peaks at different time, so you have to observe their "pattern".

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby wonderm » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:30 am

Rio666 wrote:mine is a boy of 13 years old.

How to inspire him.

How to let him take initiative in learning.

I heard a theory, for boy, they need exhaust themselves first before they can calm down and focus on study, is it correct?????????????????????

To me, the best way to inspire my teenage boys is to be inspired and interested in learning myself. Take a genuine interest in what they do.

wonderm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child