Any PTWM here to share?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Any PTWM here to share?

Postby storelady01 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi All, I will be a PTWM soon, working only 3 days per week.
Any idea how to spend the other 2 days with my 16 mth old toddler?
I would like to start him in a playgroup / or half day childcare come 18 mth old.... was torn between affordable playgroup (2hr) per day and bring him to enrichment classes on the two days i am not working or invest in a good half day childcare.

Any mommies have experience to share? :smile:

storelady01
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Any PTWM here to share?

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Why not spend the time with your child instead of sending him to outside sessions? Read, do arts and crafts, go to parks, libraries, shopping centres etc. I have been a SAHM all my kids' lives, and we had lots of good times together. After all, the time you spend at home is to be with your child, not ferrying him to classes.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby storelady01 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:13 pm

slmkhoo wrote:Why not spend the time with your child instead of sending him to outside sessions? Read, do arts and crafts, go to parks, libraries, shopping centres etc. I have been a SAHM all my kids' lives, and we had lots of good times together. After all, the time you spend at home is to be with your child, not ferrying him to classes.

yup, spending quality time at home counts too. its just that I want him to be engaged during the 3 days when i am working, otherwise he will be spending most of his time with my helper :)

storelady01
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:58 pm

storelady01 wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:Why not spend the time with your child instead of sending him to outside sessions? Read, do arts and crafts, go to parks, libraries, shopping centres etc. I have been a SAHM all my kids' lives, and we had lots of good times together. After all, the time you spend at home is to be with your child, not ferrying him to classes.

yup, spending quality time at home counts too. its just that I want him to be engaged during the 3 days when i am working, otherwise he will be spending most of his time with my helper :)

Oh sorry. I thought you intended to send him to classes on the days you were at home. Can't advise as my kids never attended any.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby storelady01 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:29 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
storelady01 wrote:

Oh sorry. I thought you intended to send him to classes on the days you were at home. Can't advise as my kids never attended any.

No Worries dear :rahrah:

storelady01
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Working With Your Child