Urgently need help for transport to Growing Up Gifted

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Urgently need help for transport to Growing Up Gifted

Postby hwtan » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi everyone

We are thinking of signing up our son for Growing Up Gifted (GUG) next year to stretch his capabilities. He is absorbing Chinese and numbers very well and we want to help him grow.

The trouble is, we stay in Bukit Timah and the school bus for GUG (their office is in Novena) won't come to pick my boy up ... does anyone have any ideas what to do? The classes are daily 2 pm to 5 pm, Mon to Fri. We can't pick him up as my wife and I are both working.

We really want to send him there, would there be transport options for us (we are willing to pay premium for transport)?

Thank you.

hwtan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Urgently need help for transport to Growing Up Gifted

Postby dimsum » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:01 pm

GUG is not the only place to stretch his capabilities. Since both of you are working, just select a childcare centre for him. It is more important the you continue to enrich him at home.

dimsum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:05 pm

hwtan wrote:Hi everyone

We are thinking of signing up our son for Growing Up Gifted (GUG) next year to stretch his capabilities. He is absorbing Chinese and numbers very well and we want to help him grow.

The trouble is, we stay in Bukit Timah and the school bus for GUG (their office is in Novena) won't come to pick my boy up ... does anyone have any ideas what to do? The classes are daily 2 pm to 5 pm, Mon to Fri. We can't pick him up as my wife and I are both working.

We really want to send him there, would there be transport options for us (we are willing to pay premium for transport)?

Thank you.

Wait a sec, GUG ends at 5pm, so by the time the sch bus reaches your home in Bt Timah, it'll be still before you 2 knock off from work. So who is going to pick up your son from the driver? Maid or ILs or parents? Similarly, who will see him off at 1.30pm, if there is such a bus service in the first place?

If there's that someone to facilitate this, why not pay that same someone to cab from Bt Timah to Novena with your son?

Or book a private cab to/fro long-term?

Alternatively, how abt enroling him in an enrichment centre in Bt Timah area instead? For instance, MindChamps at Turf City? I read that many GUG teachers have gone to MindChamps, and their strength is in Eng (particularly reading). I'm very doubtful about Chinese though.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 2&start=30

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Half day annual leave...donch have leave? :scratchhead:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child