Service Projects (charities) to do with kids

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Service Projects (charities) to do with kids

Postby Jworld » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:46 am

In early part of this year, when the papers reported on the "Chope Food for the Needy", I had wanted to do the "chope food" with her. I wanted her to see me in action and then copy my action to carry out charitable acts. But I was just too shy to approach the hawkers. Besides, my hubby didn't quite encourage that for fear that people might take advantage of my kindness. i.e. the stall owner might just take my money and not give food to needy.

Then, I continued to toy with the ideas of exposing my kid to service projects and charities and eventually decided to bring charity to her birthday celebration by celebrating with the less fortunate children, making her birthday celebration a service project. We did a birthday party at a Children's Home, while explaining to her that her role and task was to bring happiness to the poor kids.

Now, as we are in the long school holiday, I am exploring doing a flag day with her. (maybe just for a couple of hours so as not to overwhelm her)

Jworld
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Service Projects (charities) to do with kids

Postby Jworld » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:18 am

This is the month of school holiday for all our kids. Besides having fun family outings and overseas trip, we can also choose a service project to do with our kids. After all, Christmas is coming and it's the season of giving, whether you're a Christian or not.

As we all know, there is a charity doing flag day on a Saturday throughout the year. For the first time, I have identified a flag day that I want to do and of course, I will be doing it with my kid. I have identified Singapore Association for the Visually Handicapped. I have been teaching DD about why we buy tissue papers from the Visually Handicapped (and sometimes also low income elderly and other people who have disabilities), which is having their flag day on 21 Dec, just before Christmas. I reckon that this volunteerism will give her a deeper understanding and hence enrich her compassion for the unfortunates.

Have you thought of doing something with your kids during this festive season?

:dancing: :dancing:

Jworld
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Jworld » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:03 am

My family and I raised fund for the charity this Christmas, as part of our service project.

SAVH Flag Day 2013

Not only it could manifest the Christmas spirit in a meaningful way, my family had a great time bonding. It's better than going on holidays or dinner outing.
Last edited by Jworld on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jworld
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Jworld » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:01 am

The one who is helping many lives in a year can be your kid.
Let this happen.
Let your kid impact other people's life.

Cheers!

Happy New Year to all˜!

Jworld
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sweet123 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:44 pm

I truly astounded by your publish regards. I really appreciate that you took all this time to try and help us.Your work is carry the information to the other people.

sweet123
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Working With Your Child