Child doesn't want to go to school

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Child doesn't want to go to school

Postby lchunleo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:26 am

Hi all,

My child is about 3.5+ yrs and have been attending this new child care centre since jan this year. However, he is still moaning and resisting to go to the school despite the long period he had been to school. He has friends in the school and he knew them well and played with them. His resistance seem to surface only the transiting moment from home to school.

do anyone has any idea or similar situation?thanks

lchunleo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Child doesn't want to go to school

Postby ms_soh » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:11 am

Hello Ichunleo

Glad to hear that your child has friends in school and is able to play with the peers well. Has he attend child care prior to this new one? Or is this his first school?

ms_soh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Child doesn't want to go to school

Postby JohnYeo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:02 pm

i had the same experience...the transition from home to school is tough...so what works for us to quickly leave the school so that the teachers can pacify my kid and get her to be involved in the playing with her peers as quickly as possible...hope this works for you too =)

JohnYeo
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Working With Your Child