GPS Personal Tracker for Kids

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

GPS Personal Tracker for Kids

Postby sakuratattoo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:13 am

My DD just started going to school by herself. she's supposed to call me tru the payphone in the school canteen once she gets to school. but sometimes she forgets. we are not ready to give her a HP yet. i'm looking for personal trackers like PocketFinder, Filip, but most of the devices I see only work in the US (or for US mobile providers only). have any of you tried any personal trackers? what products are available in SG? and where to find them?

sakuratattoo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: GPS Personal Tracker for Kids

Postby renedarling » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:57 pm

The latest version of its device, the Amber Alert GPS, is out, and I put it to the test with both of my daughters to see if it would give me peace of mind. Despite loads of useful features, it didn’t give me enough.

The Amber Alert GPS is a small gadget, about the size of a Zippo lighter. It uses satellite and cellphone technology for tracking. Your child can either put it in a pocket with its accompanying pouch or connect it to a backpack.

The device sends out a constant ping that enables a parent to monitor their child’s whereabouts by checking their location on a map either online or through an app available for the iPhone or Android handset.

renedarling
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Beatrice_NoQ » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:48 pm

renedarling wrote:The latest version of its device, the Amber Alert GPS, is out, and I put it to the test with both of my daughters to see if it would give me peace of mind. Despite loads of useful features, it didn’t give me enough.

The Amber Alert GPS is a small gadget, about the size of a Zippo lighter. It uses satellite and cellphone technology for tracking. Your child can either put it in a pocket with its accompanying pouch or connect it to a backpack.

The device sends out a constant ping that enables a parent to monitor their child’s whereabouts by checking their location on a map either online or through an app available for the iPhone or Android handset.

Wow, technology is truly amazing! This device will be useful not only for children, but for anyone we may need to keep tabs on.. :rotflmao: kidding!

Where did you buy yours from?

Beatrice_NoQ
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sembgal » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:22 am

My dd started primary school for the first time this year and she is allowed to bring hp to school as school does not forbid students to bring hp.

She keeps her iPhone in her school bag. Both my husband and I link "Find iPhone" to my DD's phone. We are able to locate where she is on the school bus and it is really effective for us to know when she is about to reach home. Usually, we check "Find iPhone" which is like GPS Tracker (download from App Store for free) to see her location, if we see she is about to reach, we go down to fetch her from school bus though bus driver do give us the estimated timing.

We are able to see which route the bus driver takes as well.

Right now, just thankful that "Find iPhone" function is so useful.

sakuratattoo wrote:My DD just started going to school by herself. she's supposed to call me tru the payphone in the school canteen once she gets to school. but sometimes she forgets. we are not ready to give her a HP yet. i'm looking for personal trackers like PocketFinder, Filip, but most of the devices I see only work in the US (or for US mobile providers only). have any of you tried any personal trackers? what products are available in SG? and where to find them?

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jessielu » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:44 pm

For this find iphone apps, can I download on my note 2 but track kids iphone? Is it find idevice apps? Another qn, kids hp need to be 3g with data?

jessielu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sembgal » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:22 pm

jessielu wrote:For this find iphone apps, can I download on my note 2 but track kids iphone? Is it find idevice apps? Another qn, kids hp need to be 3g with data?

Yes, the kid's hp must have data plan. You can try link Note 2 to iPhone. I really have no idea about Note 2 as we only use iPhone but not Samsung phones.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sakuratattoo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:00 pm

jessielu wrote:For this find iphone apps, can I download on my note 2 but track kids iphone? Is it find idevice apps? Another qn, kids hp need to be 3g with data?

you can try Life360 app. it is available in both iPhone and Android. you can also view their location via webpage/pc.
yes, you need to use data for this.

sakuratattoo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby stillyoungparent » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:09 pm

camed across these few products introduction on the web, check it out.
1) http://www.safewise.com/blog/5-wearable ... ices-kids/
2) http://kidloc.launchrock.com/

stillyoungparent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Working With Your Child