Potty training toddler

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Potty training toddler

Postby DoraTan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:55 am

Hi mummies,

guess i started potty training my daughter late. My girl 28 mths just started potty training. There were some accidents but she seemed to be able to go to the potty to poo but not pee.

Can i know when you mummies start potty training your child? And how long did it take?

I am a first time mummy , so rather blur and gan jiong...... :imconstipated:

DoraTan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Potty training toddler

Postby nehasahai » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi my daughter was full trained only by the age of 5. That's because I was not very consistent with her but few things really helped.
You could begin by showing her potty training videos. You could also get some nice toddler toilet seat and practise before putting in the toilet, in the form of play.
Your daughter is still young so you have time, don't panic, good luck

nehasahai
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ms_soh » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Hey Dora

Don't worry, you are not late to start your kid on potty training at 28 months. Most kids express their readiness between 24 to 36 months. :D

I came across this method online while sourcing for more information on potty training previously and I quite like this idea. You might want to try.. :)

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- ... /?ALLSTEPS

ms_soh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Beatrice_NoQ » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:01 pm

My nephew only started potty training towards the end of his 3rd year, so you're definitely not late! :)

Beatrice_NoQ
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby gatopreto » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:47 pm

My girl started potty training when she is about 2.5 years old. There were some accidents but it is ok. Most kids should be fully comfortable with the toilet by 5 years old. The important thing is to continually encourage your child and not to scold her or show displeasure when accidents happen.

Your child at this age is gaining a lot of self-awareness and she will be very sensitive about such things.

gatopreto
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Working With Your Child