PSLE exceptional request

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

PSLE exceptional request

Postby yuzzie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Dear all,

Has anyone requested for time extension, prompters, separate rooms for your ADHD kids? I was told by asking for such request, it will be indicated on the PSLE result slips. Qns is - what is the implication and will this affect my boy's future ?
Afterall the time extension and the special is to help him to focus better during examinations. Please advise.
Thanks

YZ :sweat: :nailbite:

yuzzie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: PSLE exceptional request

Postby Beatrice_NoQ » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Your best bet is to check with the school directly. During our time, extra time was given to students who needed it without records!

Beatrice_NoQ
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby yuzzie » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:29 pm

Thanks. Ya ..I've checkedwith the school.. It's the standard answers that I am getting :duck:

yuzzie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby yuenyuen » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:10 am

I think there is an indication on the slip. Like and * and there is a statement below the slip.

yuenyuen
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ammonite » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:11 am

Personally it will not bother me if they want to add the indication as whatever accomodation required at PSLE will most likely also be needed after PSLE. There is nothing to hide. Even at tertiary level, accommodations can still be given. So it is not a big deal. :shrug:
Last edited by ammonite on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby yuenyuen » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:11 am

But who looks at PSLE result slip..employer normally look at degree or A level results.

yuenyuen
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby janet88 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:16 am

yuenyuen wrote:But who looks at PSLE result slip..employer normally look at degree or A level results.

psle results only give you a passport to get into secondary schools.
at most potential employers will take note of which primary school you were formally from.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LarryG67 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:28 pm

in many cases, PSLE is considered by many employers to be 'informal'. In a way that it is not an internationally-recognized standard. I have also never heard of employers who look at PSLE certs.

LarryG67
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby happyheart » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:08 pm

I know someone who has worked as a VP in the Education Industry for many years. He said indication such as extended time will be written on the slip but there will be no mention of the reason.
Agree that no employer will ask to see the PSLE slip...they jump straight to degree, Master ..PHD! If you encounter one that request for PSLE slip, you can sign off the company :evil: . Don't worry about that.

happyheart
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:39 pm

yuzzie wrote:Dear all,

Has anyone requested for time extension, prompters, separate rooms for your ADHD kids? I was told by asking for such request, it will be indicated on the PSLE result slips. Qns is - what is the implication and will this affect my boy's future ?
Afterall the time extension and the special is to help him to focus better during examinations. Please advise.
Thanks

YZ :sweat: :nailbite:

Did you check with your school? Can update? :please:

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Working With Your Child