SA1 is around the corner, it can be a stressful time for both parents and children . Do remember that your children need your support to cope with the stress.
Here are some tips:
• Don’t give your children unnecessary pressure to gain certain grades. As they may feel that they have failed or they are useless if they don’t achieve what was expected of them.
• Be supportive and help your children to reduce their worries by talking to them. Example: "I believe you can..."
• Encourage your children to take time to relax and rest. Example taking regular breaks, eat snacks and exercise.
• Allow your children to revise at time that’s works best for them. However do make sure that they have enough sleep.
• Let your children know that you are always there for them.
All the best for your children's SA1.
From Ms Sally Tan (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
(More info: http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 85&t=70464
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/conte ... 1%E5%B8%88)
Exam Stress - Some tips for parents
Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.