Should parents have rules for their children? Explain why.

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Should parents have rules for their children? Explain why.

Postby tlx2002 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Well, I am doing a public speaking and my topic is Should parents have rules for their children? Explain why.
Do help me! Thank you.

tlx2002
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Should parents have rules for their children? Explain wh

Postby BlueBells » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:50 pm

For a minimum of 2-min speech during your morning assembly?

What is your take on the above?

BlueBells
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Beatrice_NoQ » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:37 pm

I think that parents should definitely have rules for their children. Just like how the government has rules for its citizens, parents as the governing force in a household retains the authority over children, and thus should establish rules to regulate the behaviour of kids, and teach kids right from wrong and what is acceptable and not acceptable.

It'll be good to establish rules, write them down or print them out, and place these rules in a visible place to reinforce their importance and remind children.

Beatrice_NoQ
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sembgal » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:28 am

tlx2002 wrote:Well, I am doing a public speaking and my topic is Should parents have rules for their children? Explain why.
Do help me! Thank you.

Rules are set as boundaries for kids to follow. Rule No. 1: Finish school homework first before anything else, e.g: reading story books

If my child disregard this rule, I will give one last warning: prepare to see her homework get torn up and thrown out of the window and please go to school the next day and tell your teacher what happen to your homework and why.

I will let the teacher scold and punish my child if homework is not done.

This message is strong and clear to wake my child up that at anytime she thinks she is not interested to do school homework, she will have to face the consequence by herself.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby milkbun » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:49 am

:goodpost:
sembgal wrote:
tlx2002 wrote:Well, I am doing a public speaking and my topic is Should parents have rules for their children? Explain why.
Do help me! Thank you.

Rules are set as boundaries for kids to follow. Rule No. 1: Finish school homework first before anything else, e.g: reading story books

If my child disregard this rule, I will give one last warning: prepare to see her homework get torn up and thrown out of the window and please go to school the next day and tell your teacher what happen to your homework and why.

I will let the teacher scold and punish my child if homework is not done.

This message is strong and clear to wake my child up that at anytime she thinks she is not interested to do school homework, she will have to face the consequence by herself.

:goodpost:

It is important to cultivate the right values and attitude when they are still young.

milkbun
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby pirate » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:07 am

sembgal wrote:If my child disregard this rule, I will give one last warning: prepare to see her homework get torn up and thrown out of the window and please go to school the next day and tell your teacher what happen to your homework and why.

I hope you live in landed housing. :laugh:

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:12 am

Do help me! Thank you.

who's your audience?

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:26 am

jetsetter wrote:
Do help me! Thank you.

who's your audience?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child