Daddy "beater"

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Daddy "beater"

Postby waynemum » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:38 pm

My 3yo likes to hit Daddy!

1) Whenver my husband shouted at me, he will hit him.
2) Whenever my husband pretend to hurt me, he will hit him.
3) If he's upset with my husband, he will hit him, bit him or throw things at him ( Quite scary)

My son hit my husband with no mercy...

He never do all these to me and he is in fact a very nice and obedient boy except he likes to hit his Daddy.

I think the fault lies with Daddy as he always allow him to do so and only shouted at him when he can't take it but i told him such extreme reaction from him will only make thing worse. Agree?

Sometimes my husband wants me to stop him from hitting him but i told him it's between the both of you. He should do it himself. Am i wrong to do that?

I felt that i need to let my child know that he can't hit Daddy not cos Mummy will be angry. He needs to know that no matter who, he can't do that. My husband should be the one to stop him. Am i right?

waynemum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby buds hubs » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Yuppp... I totally agree that your hubby should tell your DS to stop hitting him.
Nevertheless, you also have to help out your hubby since your DS is "more"
obedient and shows more respect towards you. I guess its only natural for
boys to be protective of their "mummys" but DS has got to understand that he
cant use force on his parents...

Perhaps it would be good to stress on the importance of respect for "both"
parents and that hitting is a definately a "NO NO" to either one of you.. irregardless of whatever the reason.

Your hubby has got to stop allowing your DS to hit him or else DS may grow up
thinking that its OK for him to do so...

Your hubby may have to enforce some form of discipline to take DS in hand if
he crosses the line and should not take a lenient stand..

JMHO.... :celebrate:

buds hubs
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby youngmiki13 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Wow...that is a pretty strange situation you have there. I must agree that you should let your child know that it is not OK to hit his father or anybody else for that matter.

youngmiki13
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby VitoRelax » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:45 am

youngmiki13 wrote:Wow...that is a pretty strange situation you have there. I must agree that you should let your child know that it is not OK to hit his father or anybody else for that matter.

yeah prettty strange for a 3 yo

VitoRelax
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child