Grammar book for parents

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Grammar book for parents

Postby xueyan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:59 am

Dear all

I would like to guide my 6 years old boy in his grammar. However my level of English is not fantastic. May I know whether there is any guidebook for parents on Grammar that I can purchase.

Thanks for sharing!

xueyan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Grammar book for parents

Postby Miss Rumphius » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:50 am

I just bought this book to help me coach my gal:

My Grammar and I (Or Should That Be 'Me'?): Old-School Ways to Sharpen Your English

You can browse sample pages on amazon before deciding if it is the right one for you. :)

Miss Rumphius
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Champion » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:52 am

Miss Rumphius wrote:I just bought this book to help me coach my gal:

My Grammar and I (Or Should That Be 'Me'?): Old-School Ways to Sharpen Your English

You can browse sample pages on amazon before deciding if it is the right one for you. :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Grammar-Shou ... 1843176572

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:33 am

I got the Marshall Cavendish English Grammar Handbook Primary P3/4 (there is another version for P5/6). I find that helps in explaining for example when to use what. You can browse in popular. The new version is fairly pricey (close to $20) but 2nd hand bookshops may have at a fraction of the cost.

http://www.popular.com.sg/textbook/p3-4 ... dbook.html

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby HappyBlueBear » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:14 am

xueyan wrote:Dear all

I would like to guide my 6 years old boy in his grammar. However my level of English is not fantastic. May I know whether there is any guidebook for parents on Grammar that I can purchase.

Thanks for sharing!

I find The Grammar Handbook (for lower pri) and My Grammar Guide (for upper pri) the best. You can get them from Nurture Craft at Forum the Shopping Mall. http://teachersproduction.appsfly.com/products

HappyBlueBear
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sembgal » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Thanks for sharing!

Please go Popular bookshop buy Casco Primary 1 English (orange cover). The book is good in guiding children for p1 English Grammar.

https://www.popular.com.sg/jsp/product/ ... d001=23136

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby FantasyLandDreams » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:50 pm

I love this topic/thread. I have the same question for the last half year, but in a slightly different form. I wanted to buy a so-called cover all topics and yet can last preferably till end of secondary school type of grammar book as my logic is grammar rules never change (universal truth perhaps) and hence want to save some money as well to get a so called everlasting grammar book/guide to teach my kid. As a result I started to look from the secondary school grammar learning needs spectrum and I quite like the green grammar book for students and the grammar plus book from learners. The only problem is these two books are not in a very child friendly simple English for lower primary kids and definitely not a lot of pictures in the book, reason why my kid may "reject" the book. So does anyone has any good recommendations for a everlasting grammar guide book that is written in simple English and hopefully quite a fair bit of pictures and colorful? Or am I being too greedy? :p.

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pharmacharak » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Hello xueyan,

Yes of-course there is many of grammar books are available in market. But i would like to suggest you to suggest you to read newspapers these are the good source to gain advance knowledge...

pharmacharak
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mceducation1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Thanks for sharing!

Seems like you are starting your boy’s learning journey early. To give him a good head start to master grammar well with interest, you could purchase the vibrantly illustrated My Pals are Here! Grammar Handbook Primary 1 and 2.

It is interactive and uses illustrations to enhance your child’s understanding of grammar. You can also use the exercised provided to assess his learning. Explanations in the book are also simple so that you could guide him along confidently.

Image Image

mceducation1
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Working With Your Child