The Greatest Love of all

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

The Greatest Love of all

Postby kiasimom » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:31 pm

Many times I asked myself what is the greatest love of all?
Undoubtedly, it is parental love.

I don't call myself a great mother and my love is nothing compared to a special group of parents.

They are the parents of children with disabilities or special needs.
They are faced with many challenges from the day they learnt that their child is different from other children.
While other children can play and run around, shouting away with other children, to them, these normal things seem so far away from them.

The child may have to be wheelchair bound for life. That makes running around impossible.

All the shoutings from our children is something the parents of deaf-mute children yearn for. They will never hear their own children call them " Mom or Dad."

I have seen how the parents of down-syndrome kids shower their children with unconditional love and attention in the public.

They love them much more than how other parents love their children.

I have seen how some parents just scold and hit their children in public.
But they seem to have forgotten that they are blessed with healthy kids and healthy kids should be naughty!

They should treasure the blessings that they have.

I salute the parents of children with special needs. They never give up on their children and is there for them no conditions. They are never afraid of hardships and is willing to face the emotional stress bravely.

To this group of special parents, I salute you.

Postby hmsg » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:26 am

:grphug: Well said!

Re: The Greatest Love of all

Postby VitoRelax » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:51 am

kiasimom wrote:
To this group of special parents, I salute you.

Yes, to the special Hero, this song is for you:

Return to Working With Your Child