Scolding Vulgarities among the boys during soccer

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Scolding Vulgarities among the boys during soccer

Postby lucern » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 am

My son told me that boys are scolding all kinds of vulgarities during soccer game. He even came home and ask me the meaning of some hokkien words!
Is this common among your child's school mates?

What will you do?

lucern
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Scolding Vulgarities among the boys during soccer

Postby lucern » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:38 am

Any Parent has encountered this problem?

Recently my son told me that his classmates are scolding him vulgaritues so he went to report to the form teacher and he just ignored my child

Should I call the teacher to inform and clarify ? Or do I accept this as a normal behavior of children playing soccer?

lucern
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kenneth_lau68 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:55 pm

I've experienced this problem too. What I told my child is that he cannot control what other people do but he can control his own actions so as far as behaviours go, I dont ever want to see him using such crude languages. As for the abuse from the classmates, I told him to ignore these classmates and proceeded to call up the form teacher to make sure something is being done about such a situation.

Just my $0.02

kenneth_lau68
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jordcheng99 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:00 pm

aiya he will learn not now army will learn and by sec sch he will start to say alrd unless he is the rare few just make sure he respects you and absolutely no vulgar infront of any adults during soccer also. sec 4 this yr all guys knows vulgar and most use it daily.

jordcheng99
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby bright-culture » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi there:)

What I suggest is that parents could actually explain what those vulgarities really mean and how degrading it actually is when used in speech. I feel that children, especially teenagers, when being restricted on activity, will eventually want to try it out even more. That is just the rebellious nature of teenagers that most will experience. Furthermore, vulgarities is being used so much in today's society, in television shows, songs or everyday life, so much so that such vulgarities has lost its true meaning and significance. It is likely that children nowadays have no idea what the vulgarities they are saying mean and I feel that being open and honest with them, and showing that vulgarities used in most contexts are actually nonsensical and make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Hope this post helps:)

Cheers and have a great day:)

www.bright-culture.com

bright-culture
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Working With Your Child