Tearing pages for Untidy Work?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Tearing pages for Untidy Work?

Postby Worry_Mommy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm

I wonder if it is normal these days for school teacher to tear up page of work of student if they are presented untidy?

In my opinion, I feel that for untidy work, it is fair that the teacher make them redo by either rubbing the pages off and redo or cross out the untidy pages and get the student to do it on a fresh page.

Any views on this area would greatly be appreciated.

Worry_Mommy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Tearing pages for Untidy Work?

Postby jetsetter » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Tearing tirade? Kee siao?

Comprain to MOE... :rubhands:

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BlueBells » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:04 pm

I suggest talk to the teacher first, and hear her side of the story, then discuss it with your spouse before taking the next steps.

Very often, because children are young, their story might be incomplete, or when they tell parents what happened, they injected their own emotions and anger into the scenario and hence the full picture becomes unclear.

Hear the teacher out. Let the teacher know that regardless, you do not concur the action of tearing up homework, and let her know that if your child hands in shoddy work, to inform you so you can speak to your child first.

If all else fails, escalate to the level head / form teacher / principal first. Don't jump the gun too quickly.

BlueBells
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Worry_Mommy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:14 am

BlueBells wrote:I suggest talk to the teacher first, and hear her side of the story, then discuss it with your spouse before taking the next steps.

Very often, because children are young, their story might be incomplete, or when they tell parents what happened, they injected their own emotions and anger into the scenario and hence the full picture becomes unclear.

Hear the teacher out. Let the teacher know that regardless, you do not concur the action of tearing up homework, and let her know that if your child hands in shoddy work, to inform you so you can speak to your child first.

If all else fails, escalate to the level head / form teacher / principal first. Don't jump the gun too quickly.

Thank you so much for the detailed advice BlueBells. I do agree that children may not explain exactly what happen and will sure to take up your advice and ask the teacher about it. :thankyou:

Worry_Mommy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Working With Your Child