How to handle cheeky classmate?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

How to handle cheeky classmate?

Postby sleepy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:21 pm

My dd has been getting lots of unwanted attention since starting primary school last year. Love letters, love declarations, marriage proposals & stuff like that. Kids being kids, so far I just find it amusing. My dd never responded to any love declarations, just laughed it off or ignored them.

Recently, one of her admirers stole a kiss on her wrist after declaring 'I love you'. That boy has been following her around since last year. This is the first incident. So far none attempted to kiss or hug her. I won't be so amused if any classmate attempted to steal a kiss on her cheeks or hug her. My dd was caught by surprise & told that boy not to do that again.

So how should I teach her to deal with situation like this? I don't think it warrants reporting to teacher since it's not a case of bullying. However, how do we deter cheekiness? And how to fend off such unwanted attention?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:34 pm

your girl must be very pretty.... :D

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Re: How to handle cheeky classmate?

Postby autumnbronze » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:36 pm

sleepy wrote:My dd has been getting lots of unwanted attention since starting primary school last year. Love letters, love declarations, marriage proposals & stuff like that. Kids being kids, so far I just find it amusing. My dd never responded to any love declarations, just laughed it off or ignored them.

Recently, one of her admirers stole a kiss on her wrist after declaring 'I love you'. That boy has been following her around since last year. This is the first incident. So far none attempted to kiss or hug her. I won't be so amused if any classmate attempted to steal a kiss on her cheeks or hug her. My dd was caught by surprise & told that boy not to do that again.

So how should I teach her to deal with situation like this? I don't think it warrants reporting to teacher since it's not a case of bullying. However, how do we deter cheekiness? And how to fend off such unwanted attention?

Sleepy,

Your DD's situation brought back memories of my own experience when I was in P3. I had one one hell of a persistent admirer. Ditto scenario only no kisses. I remember telling him off so many times but to no avail. I was teased mercilessly by my classmates. I remember feeling so desperately fed-up that I told my dad and he came down to school and spoke to my form teacher.

The boy, I remember, got a warning from both the P and my teacher. He never bothered me again.

Sorry I may not have been of much help here. But this is how it was resolved in my case :D :D
Last edited by autumnbronze on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:36 pm

jedamum wrote:your girl must be very pretty.... :D

ya, was just going to say that too!
dear sleepy, your dd must be a real beauty!! :lol:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby sleepy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Not that pretty lah, just jovial :lol:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby titank » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:11 pm

sleepy wrote:My dd has been getting lots of unwanted attention since starting primary school last year. Love letters, love declarations, marriage proposals & stuff like that. Kids being kids, so far I just find it amusing. My dd never responded to any love declarations, just laughed it off or ignored them.

Report to Discipline Master can a not?

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:17 pm

She should speak to her form teacher or if she isn't close to her form teacher or if form teacher is a guy, she can approach another teacher she trusts. Based on your description, I think the boy meant no harm as he may not be socially apt or "educated" on how to, er, "court" a girl? However, to prevent anything unpleasant from happening, it's best to be proactive. :)

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KS_me » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:58 am

:lol: :lol:
My boy in P2 came home one day share with me about his classmate, a boy, who told him about a girl in the same class who looks very pretty and interesting to him.... and he officially told everyone in the group that he wants to marry her...

:lol: :lol: some boys are way too cheeky to say all this at P2 :|

KS_me
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby westmom » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:57 pm

schweppes wrote:
jedamum wrote:your girl must be very pretty.... :D

ya, was just going to say that too!
dear sleepy, your dd must be a real beauty!! :lol:

Better work on going to an all girls secondary school!..haha...

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MMM » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:37 pm

KS_me wrote: My boy in P2 came home one day share with me about his classmate, a boy, who told him about a girl in the same class who looks very pretty and interesting to him.... and he officially told everyone in the group that he wants to marry her...

:lol: :lol: some boys are way too cheeky to say all this at P2 :|

Wow.... kids mature early these days??? My P2 don't seem interested in girls yet :xedfingers: Anyway reminded him that looks is not everything. It's the character that is more important.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Working With Your Child