Teacher's feedback about child

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Teacher's feedback about child

Postby ckhoo5 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi all,

Would like to know parents thought, when teacher feedback> once about your ds/dd on not doing his homework properly/ or carelessly, not focus in class, etc, what can we as parent do to motivate the child to do better or behave better?

When discussed with ds, he has the assumption the teacher don't like him, hence always pick on him.

Thanks

ckhoo5
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Teacher's feedback about child

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:01 pm

Do you think the teacher is picking on him? Anyway, you can tell him that teachers always pick on students who are not paying attention or not doing their work diligently. It's part of their job description! And once they have a poor impression of a student, they tend to watch him more carefully. So you have to convince him that the best way to get into his teacher off his back is to focus and do what he's supposed to do. How you say it depends on the child - a child who likes people to like him will be more motivated if you tell him that improving his behaviour will get the teacher to like him; a child who just wants to be left alone will be more motivated if you tell him that improving his behaviour will cause the teacher to focus on someone else!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ckhoo5 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:39 am

Hi slmkhoo

No, I think is not, as I know my boy's character.. he sometimes don't pay attention in class and not doing his work diligently type.. He's the active & mind wondering type so all along, he always in teacher's radar.

Really dunno how to motivate him to be more focus.
Will try your idea below & see if it works on him..
"a child who just wants to be left alone will be more motivated if you tell him that improving his behaviour will cause the teacher to focus on someone else!"

ckhoo5
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby BlueBells » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:16 am

Talk to all his subject teachers to find out more about he attitude in class. If it happens to all his subjects, you have a headache.

If it is only one subject, the underlining issue could be different - don't understand what is being taught / lost / no interest, etc. .

Also find out how the whole class feels about the teacher who has feedback about your son. Sometimes, it is just a case of 说者无心, 听者有意, miscommunication and misinterpretation.

BlueBells
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Dreamgear » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:32 pm

leomkivan wrote:Hi Parents, do u find that your child has too much homework, cannot cope with his current amount of homework?

This is where i step in! I am currently a year 2 junior college student in Hwa Chong Institution offering homework services. You can either whatsapp me the homework u want me to be done or i can go down directly to do it on the spot. I can do homework from Primary school to Junior College year 1.

With my service, your child will have a significant load offset from him and at the same time still be able to reap the full benefits of homework with the comprehensive solutions and explanations i will provide! With the high quality of work i produce, your child's teacher will definitely have a good impression of him!

Advantages of using my services
- High quality, 100% plagiarism free papers that are written from scratch.
- Unlimited number of revision requests if the received paper is unsatisfactory.
- Privacy of your personal details and confidentiality of all the information you provide us with
- Full refund if you don’t like the delivered paper (Subject to terms and conditions )

Contact me at 91784848 or PM me at Kiasu Parents to find out more!!

*For Long term contracts whereby u decide to hire me on a long term basis, discounts will be given
* Rates are dependent on difficulty of homework and deadline by which you require it by!

You mean you do homework on behalf of my child?

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Moustacher » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:53 pm

leomkivan wrote:Hi Parents, do u find that your child has too much homework, cannot cope with his current amount of homework?

This is where i step in! I am currently a year 2 junior college student in Hwa Chong Institution offering homework services. You can either whatsapp me the homework u want me to be done or i can go down directly to do it on the spot. I can do homework from Primary school to Junior College year 1.

With my service, your child will have a significant load offset from him and at the same time still be able to reap the full benefits of homework with the comprehensive solutions and explanations i will provide! With the high quality of work i produce, your child's teacher will definitely have a good impression of him!

Advantages of using my services
- High quality, 100% plagiarism free papers that are written from scratch.
- Unlimited number of revision requests if the received paper is unsatisfactory.
- Privacy of your personal details and confidentiality of all the information you provide us with
- Full refund if you don’t like the delivered paper (Subject to terms and conditions )

Contact me at 91784848 or PM me at Kiasu Parents to find out more!!

*For Long term contracts whereby u decide to hire me on a long term basis, discounts will be given
* Rates are dependent on difficulty of homework and deadline by which you require it by!

SPEECHLESS.

Moustacher
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby TheAnswer » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:55 pm

Shame on you, leomkivan!

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zeemimi » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:02 pm

Ermm .... HCI very relax?
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby rains » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:28 pm

He has removed his posts. We should also give him a chance by removing his posts from ours.

He is young and impetuous, and seeing that parents here are kiasu, he probably thought could make some pocket money. I don't think he meant any harm.

As long as he realises what he does could have an impact on his school, and stops advertising using the school's name, we should 放他一马 bah?

rains
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:36 pm

rains wrote:He has removed his posts. We should also give him a chance by removing his posts from ours.

He is young and impetuous, and seeing that parents here are kiasu, he probably thought could make some pocket money. I don't think he meant any harm.

As long as he realises what he does could have an impact on his school, and stops advertising using the school's name, we should 放他一马 bah?

He did not remove his posts. We blocked his account and removed them.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Next

Return to Working With Your Child