Unreasonable teachers and how to deal with them

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

How fierce is your child's teacher?

What? All my child's teachers are nice and lovely
No votes
Hmmmm...A little but very rarely
29%
Okay... I think he is half fierce half nice
29%
He is quite fierce
29%
He is the fiercest teacher in the school
14%

Total votes : 7

Unreasonable teachers and how to deal with them

Postby faithfuldad123 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Hey! Does anyone have an unreasonable teacher? One that scolds your child with vulgar, and other similar things? Well, now this is the right page for you! This is a chat page which all of us can discuss about how to deal with such teachers. Oh and i have a question: Is it okay to report to MOE about such a teacher? Thank you! :boogie: :dancing: :imdrowning: :celebrate: :udaman: :thankyou: :booboo:
Last edited by faithfuldad123 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faithfuldad123
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Unreasonable teachers and how to deal with them

Postby alng » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:17 pm

Is there any misunderstanding? A teacher scolded vulgar words? It is better to report to the Principal first so that investigation can be carried out.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Gabby » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:17 pm

I will try to communicate with teacher first, to find out what did my child do to deserve such words. I will also consider if it's repeated behaviour or it's an out of control moment. Even then, I think teachers should not use undesirable language in front of the kids. They should walk the talk. Need to find our more before I will escalate the matter to higher authority.

Gabby
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby faithfuldad123 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:22 pm

The thing is the principle sides that teacher and ignores complaint letters. And the vulgar are words like 'bloody he'll and 'stupid Kanasai'. Some students are already writing letters.

:censored:

faithfuldad123
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby alng » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:29 pm

It is debatable if those words are considered vulgarities. But in any case, teachers using those words on students are definitely not encouraging at all. If there are more than one student, then the parents should come together to talk to the school principal first. Give the principal more pressure to take some actions.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby faithfuldad123 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:35 pm

alng's post: Well, the students actually did discuss about it. But everyone had been scolded by him strongly and my child is scared of him. Let me share with you an experirence:

The teacher was telling us to take down some notes. My child, being creative, drew a little smiley face. The teacher saw it and shouted," HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DRAWING!" My son replies ," Umm... a ... face because..-" "DID I TELL YOU TO DRAW ANY BLOODY FACE?! THIS IS THE MOST STUPID ATTITUDE I HAVE EVER SEEN AND IF YOU DONT QUIT THAT DAMN HABIT I'll CALL YOUR PARENTS AND TELL THEM OFF TOO[ my son was just drawing one to praise himself for paying so much attention. It was just a :)]. "PLEASE, YOUNG MAN, YOU CANT EVEN DRAW WELL. YOUR PARENTS MUST BE ASHAMED OF YOUR ART RESULTS!"(How dare he say that I would be ashamed of my son's drawing! :stompfeet: :mad: :torchme: :razz: )Later, he sent my son out of class( I think there is a rule that teachers cannot send students out of class)! Now, the teacher beared some grudges and when my son tries to share or ask questions he firmly says,"shut up." Now my son is afraid of him and does not even want to go to school. I have called other parents and they agree in writing to MOE but I do not know how to contact them. DO any of you know?

faithfuldad123
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby alng » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:10 pm

faithfuldad123 wrote:alng's post: Well, the students actually did discuss about it. But everyone had been scolded by him strongly and my child is scared of him. Let me share with you an experirence:

The teacher was telling us to take down some notes. My child, being creative, drew a little smiley face. The teacher saw it and shouted," HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DRAWING!" My son replies ," Umm... a ... face because..-" "DID I TELL YOU TO DRAW ANY BLOODY FACE?! THIS IS THE MOST STUPID ATTITUDE I HAVE EVER SEEN AND IF YOU DONT QUIT THAT DAMN HABIT I'll CALL YOUR PARENTS AND TELL THEM OFF TOO[ my son was just drawing one to praise himself for paying so much attention. It was just a :)]. "PLEASE, YOUNG MAN, YOU CANT EVEN DRAW WELL. YOUR PARENTS MUST BE ASHAMED OF YOUR ART RESULTS!"(How dare he say that I would be ashamed of my son's drawing! :stompfeet: :mad: :torchme: :razz: )Later, he sent my son out of class( I think there is a rule that teachers cannot send students out of class)! Now, the teacher beared some grudges and when my son tries to share or ask questions he firmly says,"shut up." Now my son is afraid of him and does not even want to go to school. I have called other parents and they agree in writing to MOE but I do not know how to contact them. DO any of you know?

Many parents have written directly to the MOE Minister and the Permanent Secretary. Guarantee some actions will be taken. :-)

http://app.sgdi.gov.sg/listing.asp?agen ... 0000000003

Keep us posted. All the best!

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby faithfuldad123 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:30 am

alng wrote:
faithfuldad123 wrote:alng's post: Well, the students actually did discuss about it. But everyone had been scolded by him strongly and my child is scared of him. Let me share with you an experirence:

Many parents have written directly to the MOE Minister and the Permanent Secretary. Guarantee some actions will be taken. :-)

http://app.sgdi.gov.sg/listing.asp?agen ... 0000000003

Keep us posted. All the best!

Thanks alng! Do you have teachers like this too?

faithfuldad123
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby janet88 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:32 am

faithfuldad123 wrote:The thing is the principle sides that teacher and ignores complaint letters. And the vulgar are words like 'bloody he'll and 'stupid Kanasai'. Some students are already writing letters.

:censored:

it's not right for a teacher to use such words on the students...'bloody hell' and 'stupid'. :faint:
usually principal will side with the teacher.
ESCALATE, in a group!

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 12mum » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:23 am

It would be good if such thing can be recorded and use as evidence.

12mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Working With Your Child