How to get kid to open up in School

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

How to get kid to open up in School

Postby mummychua » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:43 am

My DD is in K2 this year at a 3hrly church kindy. She has always been a quiet, shy and well-behave gal, a kid that every parent hope to have. But i find that she is a little too quiet in school and doesn't have much friends or any friends at all. everyday we will have night chats where i will share with her my day and ask about her. but most of the time she will only respond to specific questions like 'what did learn in english lesson today'. and when i ask what did she talk about with her friends, she will tell me that she didnt talk to them at all!

is this something i should be concern about? it seems to me that she's always on the sideline, going from group to group of classmate or to anyone who don't mind her being around.

mummychua
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: How to get kid to open up in School

Postby Ikid » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:05 am

Have a word with her teacher, request her teacher to encourage her to be more active in class activities.
Get her teacher to observe her. It may be she's lacking self-confidence and needs lots of encouragement and support from her teachers. Church kindy should be fun, teachers are generally very caring and encouraging. I see kids from church kindy sing Christian songs and they seemed to be enjoying it. Also the activities are quite lively.

Ikid
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: How to get kid to open up in School

Postby mummychua » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:51 am

thank IKid, i talked to the teacher this morning. according to her my dd does participate in class and do have some friends although she is not the vocal type.

looks like it's the mommy here that is to kanchong..

mummychua
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Working With Your Child