Schools should take serious action against student intimacy?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Yes, warning should be given
64%
Yes, punishment should be given
32%
Yes, severe punishment such as expelling them
No votes
No, it is their personal life
4%

Total votes : 25

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:12 am

I read with nervousness how children today have become more and more bold in their actions in public.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/S ... 96412.html

I always believe there is an appropriate time and place for appropriate actions but it seems that children today lost or never developed that discernment at all.

Personally I am strongly against students showing intimacy in public especially in SCHOOL UNIFORMS whether same school or different schools. I feel that all schools should take a very serious view on this to deter such inappropriate behaviour. Hopefully in the eventuality it deters such behaviour totally whether publicly or privately as they are also age-inappropriate to engage in such activities. Students who do this not only showing disrespect to self but to everyone else around as well.

Of course this is the last-stage deterant as it should always start with values teaching from parents.

As parents, what do you think the school can do?

Postby hquek » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Agree with ks2me, but then, how much can the school do? I'm sure if it comes to the attention of the school, actions will be taken.

Schools can preach values, but if kids are exposed to such a culture of debauchery, it's likely kids will take what teachers (or even parents) say as 'passing wind'.

But if we only have people ready to point and shoot pictures without taking further action, then not much will be done. More so I feel/hope people should wake up from their lethargy and tsk tsk such kids into shame. But in this, I don't feel much hope becos I would also be worried if things become violent.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby BlurBee » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Parents/Schools to start teaching:
1) 弟子规
弟子规 圣人训 首孝弟 次谨信 泛爱众 而亲仁 有余力 则学文
2) 三字经
人之初,性本善。性相近,习相远。

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby daisyt » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Once you are in school uniform, you are representing the school. School has every rights to take action and I feel they should. Give warning, counselling, call parents in etc.

On the other hand, when you are not in school uniform, you are representing yourself and your parents. What image are you giving to others, depends on your behaviours.

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BlurBee » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:59 pm

daisyt wrote:Once you are in school uniform, you are representing the school. School has every rights to take action and I feel they should. Give warning, counselling, call parents in etc.

On the other hand, when you are not in school uniform, you are representing yourself and your parents. What image are you giving to others, depends on your behaviours.

Well said.
:goodpost:
"身有伤 贻亲忧 德有伤 贻亲羞"

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby daisyt » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Another foolish act by these teens are posting their intimacy photos on blog. I am sure everyone knows about the recent RP case. So what if its locked ... see what happen to this case here.

No matter who you are, famous Edison or a normal student, who is going to suffer once exposed ? Nobody else but yourself and your family. :(

Whenever there is such cases happen, I would sure show dd and have a talk. Hopefully this can act as an alert to her.

Blurbee, thanks for your di zi gui, very suitable here. :D

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:43 pm

hquek wrote:Agree with ks2me, but then, how much can the school do? I'm sure if it comes to the attention of the school, actions will be taken.

Schools can preach values, but if kids are exposed to such a culture of debauchery, it's likely kids will take what teachers (or even parents) say as 'passing wind'.

But if we only have people ready to point and shoot pictures without taking further action, then not much will be done. More so I feel/hope people should wake up from their lethargy and tsk tsk such kids into shame. But in this, I don't feel much hope becos I would also be worried if things become violent.

I just had a word with an ex-principal who had been principal for 30 years in a well-known school. She said that in the past the public would call her to inform her of her students' behaviour and she would investigate and ensure that her children would change. I really respect her :salute: alot. She takes the trouble to look into issues and counsel her pupils accordingly, even now, she is still actively helping kids.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:45 pm

BlurBee wrote:Parents/Schools to start teaching:
1) 弟子规
弟子规 圣人训 首孝弟 次谨信 泛爱众 而亲仁 有余力 则学文
2) 三字经
人之初,性本善。性相近,习相远。

Recently my child passed me a book on 弟子规 and after going through it, I really find the teachings apt for children.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:46 pm

daisyt wrote:Once you are in school uniform, you are representing the school. School has every rights to take action and I feel they should. Give warning, counselling, call parents in etc.

Totall agree with you daisyt. :celebrate:

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:48 pm

daisyt wrote:Another foolish act by these teens are posting their intimacy photos on blog. I am sure everyone knows about the recent RP case. So what if its locked ... see what happen to this case here.

No matter who you are, famous Edison or a normal student, who is going to suffer once exposed ? Nobody else but yourself and your family. :(

Whenever there is such cases happen, I would sure show dd and have a talk. Hopefully this can act as an alert to her.

Blurbee, thanks for your di zi gui, very suitable here. :D

Yes, not only the posting is foolish, in the first place, why take such pictures or videos that can potentially land one in trouble, rightfully or wrongfully? When in love, such things are sweet, when things turn sour, revenge becomes sweeter. Sorry but true.

Even when my dh suggested eons ago, I said "NO!" emphatically.

Next

Return to Working With Your Child