How do fathers cultivate their r/ships with their girls?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
FishFingers
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

How do fathers cultivate their r/ships with their girls?

Post by FishFingers » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:36 am

Asking this because my twin daughters are already 11 and I hope to build an even closet relationship with them as they grow up.

Yngmng
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: How do fathers cultivate their r/ships with their girls?

Post by Yngmng » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:50 am

DD1 is closer to her father. They can discuss about movies and share the same hobby, photography. Hubby drive her to school and I suppose that constitute bonding time. DD2 is closer to me but perhaps because she is only 5.

FishFingers
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by FishFingers » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:09 am

Yngmng wrote:DD1 is closer to her father. They can discuss about movies and share the same hobby, photography. Hubby drive her to school and I suppose that constitute bonding time. DD2 is closer to me but perhaps because she is only 5.
For me,DD1 is closer to my wife while DD2 is very sticky to me and can chat about her friends in school,growing up years in Malaysia,her reliance on ZehZeh and how she enjoyed staying with us in Singapore.

buzzkoony
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by buzzkoony » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Could depend on the characters of wife and husband... I am goofy around daughter, whereas wife is more serious and proper. Daughter speaks goofy language with me, does rougher things like kick paper soccer, play fighting .. and i feel the bonding whenever she finds me for these activities that she likes to do. altho i am hoping she dont grow up too fast .. i still cherish these days.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:24 am

buzzkoony wrote:Could depend on the characters of wife and husband... I am goofy around daughter, whereas wife is more serious and proper. Daughter speaks goofy language with me, does rougher things like kick paper soccer, play fighting .. and i feel the bonding whenever she finds me for these activities that she likes to do. altho i am hoping she dont grow up too fast .. i still cherish these days.
my hubby is the one coaching daughter in her work...other than that, he brings her out to cycle and play wii games. he is the one she will approach if she wants to buy anything...naturally she prefers to go out with daddy because they love to eat tidbits. yes, they play fighting too.

Vanz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Vanz » Tue May 22, 2018 9:10 am

Spending time with our infant daughter, taking care of her physical needs and supporting her Mom is the start of cultvating my relationship w/ my daughter. And once the little lady starts toddling around, I would get down on the floor — on her level — and play with her.

JethroLam
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by JethroLam » Tue May 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Talk more about things, not just work or life. Girls tend to chit chat more and it helps to build the bond.

Meiling090
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Meiling090 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:23 pm

my husband made it a point to tell our daughter about his day and his learning points everyday. Its a staple for our family, and promotes bonding

sharon1234
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by sharon1234 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:57 pm

My daughter is 15 this year and she is very close to her father. He is very patient in helping her when she first took up cycling. He could engage her easily with table games or impromtu games on the go. He reads to/with her.

She is so close to him that i envy him sometimes...

sharon1234
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by sharon1234 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:58 pm

My daughter is 15 this year and she is very close to her father. He is very patient in helping her when she first took up cycling. He could engage her easily with table games or impromtu games on the go. He reads to/with her.

She is so close to him that i envy him sometimes...