Will you allow this teacher to teach your child?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Will you allow this teacher to teach your child?

Postby Doggie Bone » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:13 am

I have a question for the forum:

You have a female private tutor who has been teaching your child and you later discovered that she is a lesbian.

Would you allow this teacher to continue teaching your child?

Doggie Bone
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby auntieM » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:42 am

If the tuition is conducted in an 'open' area and there is another adult in the house.. I wouldn't mind.
Did she say or do anything that made you uncomfortable?

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Will you allow this teacher to teach your child?

Postby Blobbi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 am

Doggie Bone wrote:I have a question for the forum:

You have a female private tutor who has been teaching your child and you later discovered that she is a lesbian.

Is your child a daughter? I would be more concerned about possible "attraction" or even role modeling arising. That can happen among heterosexuals, sure, but the implications are more serious.

Other than that, if I had a son and the tutor is above board and carries out her duties well, I would overlook this point.

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:49 am

Blobbi wrote:Is your child a daughter? I would be more concerned about possible "attraction" or even role modeling arising. That can happen among heterosexuals, sure, but the implications are more serious.

Other than that, if I had a son and the tutor is above board and carries out her duties well, I would overlook this point.

I share your views.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby ZacK » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:39 pm

I think my assessment would be whether the person is capable at doing what he/she is tasked to do. His/Her sexuality shd not be part of the equation... However if their behaviour and the way they carry themselves is inappropriate regardless whether that person is gay/les/str8... Out that person goes.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 pm

ZacK wrote:

I think my assessment would be whether the person is capable at doing what he/she is tasked to do. His/Her sexuality shd not be part of the equation... However if their behaviour and the way they carry themselves is inappropriate regardless whether that person is gay/les/str8... Out that person goes.

I agree with your point of view cause finally the teacher is there to teach and not do anything else if she doing anything else then better change

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby westmom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:00 pm

ZacK wrote:

Hmmm I agree somewhat but what if the private tutor subtlely "hints" or promotes lesbanism to our dear innocent daughters during casual chitchatting time when parents are not around...this thought will be nagging in my head!

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Doggie Bone » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:41 pm

The child is my daughter. The teacher is ok when comes to teaching and she likes children, but I am worried about the chit chat etc........ Also, I cannot be around all the time....

What happens if 'something bad' happens when I'm not around. I am not saying it will happen, but I am not sure...............

Am I being unfair and unjust to her if I tell her to leave?

Doggie Bone
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby auntieM » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Maybe its 'Better to be safe than sorry' you thinking about...

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:48 pm

I won't risk it with a dd. For that matter I also won't hire a male tutor for the same reason(meaning someone who likes females sexually).. :lol:
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Working With Your Child