Boy 9, sued for hurting classmate

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Boy 9, sued for hurting classmate

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:15 pm

News found here: http://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/S ... 00665.html

What do you think?

Personally I feel that bullying is so rampant these days everywhere, so severe cases like this, it is good that further action be taken so that the big-time young bullies will stop their nonsense. It is also a wake-up call for parents with kids who love to bully.

Postby tankee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Defendent's father said "If it was so serious, surely the teacher would have intervened? I don't know what they want, but is it serious enough to sue? This has been very traumatising for my son."

:? fracture in right wrist and head injuries is not serious ? :!: :x

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Muffins » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:13 pm

This is shocking. This is really becoming the situation of children, and them thinking that it is "normal" to hurt their friends by watching shows such as "Together", the Fann Wong show, and other shows like "Fighting Spiders". This is, bluntly, scary..

Muffins
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mintcc » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:45 pm

tankee wrote:Defendent's father said "If it was so serious, surely the teacher would have intervened? I don't know what they want, but is it serious enough to sue? This has been very traumatising for my son."

That's my thoughts exactly when I read the article. What is this parent thinking? :!:

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Muffins wrote:This is shocking. This is really becoming the situation of children, and them thinking that it is "normal" to hurt their friends by watching shows such as "Together", the Fann Wong show, and other shows like "Fighting Spiders". This is, bluntly, scary..

Yeah I wonder if it has anything to do with the rice they are fed with... :? Just kidding and I am sure you know what I mean.... :wink:

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:51 pm

mintcc wrote:
tankee wrote:Defendent's father said "If it was so serious, surely the teacher would have intervened? I don't know what they want, but is it serious enough to sue? This has been very traumatising for my son."

That's my thoughts exactly when I read the article. What is this parent thinking? :!:

Now you know why the child is a bully?? 上梁不正下梁歪

Postby Blobbi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:45 pm

I wrote a long post just now; somehow, it got lost, darn.

Whatever is being said, the facts are clear - that Peter's son tied up and hit the other boy. I wonder about the other boys involved. And to think Peter himself shows no remorse! How to teach his son this way?!

Perhaps this way when the father's pocket is hit, he will pay attention and start to correct his son. :celebrate:

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:04 pm

Blobbi wrote:I wrote a long post just now; somehow, it got lost, darn.

Whatever is being said, the facts are clear - that Peter's son tied up and hit the other boy. I wonder about the other boys involved. And to think Peter himself shows no remorse! How to teach his son this way?!

Perhaps this way when the father's pocket is hit, he will pay attention and start to correct his son. :celebrate:

Yeah this is a case where everyone else is wrong except them......the doctor has to produce evidence of the boy's injury, can that be fabricated? I don't think the doctor plan to retire so early...........

Postby 2ppaamm » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Sigh! Both boys are pitiful. The victim got physically hurt, the aggressor will live with a life of emotional imbalance... Why like that? :( Anger management issues?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tutormum » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 pm

There will always be parents who think that their children are angels and not capable of committing any wrong. The usual excuse that I heard from parents when someone pointed out their child's fault is "there is someone in school who must have influenced my son/daughter". So, their child cannot be the one who is bad. :roll:

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Working With Your Child