normal technical discussion

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
sweet simi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

normal technical discussion

Post by sweet simi » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:19 am

Hi parents

merry christmas :dancing:
My DS is in NT stream after scoring 128 in PSLE.
I m not much aware about NT, please guide me

what is the scope of NT
how to promote to NA
when will be exam

good tutor for english and science

TIA :rahrah:

swortionery
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: normal technical discussion

Post by swortionery » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:50 am

sweet simi wrote:Hi parents

what is the scope of NT
how to promote to NA
when will be exam

Students from NT will take fewer subjects. There will be English, Math and Science as compulsory subjects. New subjects which they'll learn over the next few years include Computer Applications (CPA), Design & Technology (D&T) and Elements of Business Skills (EBS).

To be promoted to NA, the general rule of thumb is that the student must get an A for every subject, although it is entirely at the school's discretion. This is why for my NT students, I encourage them to appeal even if they don't meet that criterion.

The NT Level exams for graduating Sec 4 students will take place in September.

I recently wrote an article on the positive aspects of being in the NT stream. Do check it out; I hope it inspires you :)
https://swordsandstationery.com/station ... l-nt-view/

Seannnnn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Seannnnn » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:53 pm

sweet simi wrote:Hi parents

what is the scope of NT
how to promote to NA
when will be exam

From what i understand, the main difference between NA and NT is the subjects they take. For NT, they take subjects which are more technical in nature such as D&T (Design and Technology), while NA students will take subjects under the O level scheme, such as humanities, POA, etc.

These subject combinationss are on top of the core subjects such as English, Maths, Chinese, Science.

For their schooling path, NA has the option of ITE, Poly, JC after their O levels. NT students will go to ITE for 2 years before they have the option to go to Higher NITEC (ITE), Poly, NAFA, Lasalle.

Promotion from NT to NA is entirely up to the school's discretion. Good grades in year 1 (overall) is a must but they usually take into consideration your child's participation in school activities as well. Its advisable to appeal to the school at the end of the year regardless of his/her results.

For English Tuition, my daughter previously went to this centre in Thomson, called Ace Clinic Education. Let me know if you want the contact. She only did English and Maths though, so I am not sure about their science program. I feel they are great but its also more important that you find a tutor who your child can relate to and understand.

I hope this helps!

flowstate
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by flowstate » Thu May 14, 2020 11:33 am

Online streaming of "Unteachable" - documentary featuring a Singaporean teacher's experience teaching her Normal Technical students
https://theprojector.sg/films-and-event ... ing-panel/