Why buy expensive toys ?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Why buy expensive toys ?

Postby tamarind » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:46 am

Checkout this video. It is very funny :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayOCYhMh490

I am guilty of buying too many toys for my kids. Then I realize that sometimes they have more fun playing with pieces of paper or even empty boxes !

tamarind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phantom » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:01 am

Totally agreed. My baby gal enjoy tearing paper than playing with those more expensive toys. I think the important thing is that the parent play with them, that is where the funs comes in.

Some of those more expensive toys usually does not promote creativity and spontaneous play.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby SMILEY » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:55 pm

Agreed too.
Think most importantly is the quality time that we spent with our kids,
but not the quanlity of their toys. :wink:

SMILEY
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Shera » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:32 am

Basically, our children want love and quality time from us, parents. With love, they tend to listen and more willing to co operate in order to gain favour from us :D

Shera
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby lifestylelink » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:37 am

Shera wrote:Basically, our children want love and quality time from us, parents. With love, they tend to listen and more willing to co operate in order to gain favour from us :D

:P yeah, my son gets a lot of fun crushing envelopes. But I think he is actually more interested in mummy's things. He will play with my necklace, my bracelet, my handphone accessories....

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Working With Your Child