Essay writing. How to teach a child to write essays?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
brainstorm21
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Essay writing. How to teach a child to write essays?

Post by brainstorm21 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:29 pm

Hello, I'm a parent and I would like to teach my child to write essays, because it could develop his writing and speaking skills. How to learn it? Are there any methods?

Muller21S2
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Essay writing. How to teach a child to write essays?

Post by Muller21S2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:32 pm

hi, try to write together with him... the more you write - the more you learn I guess

mummyxoxo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by mummyxoxo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:02 pm

Muller21S2 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:32 pm
hi, try to write together with him... the more you write - the more you learn I guess
Agreed. You may start with getting your child to form a sentence based of anything he sees in his daily life.

mondecoinmetier
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by mondecoinmetier » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:30 pm

Good question! I also been through this stage trying to teach my children how to write a good essay. However, I am not a English teacher and got limits to teaching correct English grammar. So what I do is I sent him to writing classes instead. My child actually did improve in writing. He have to write lots of essay to get better at it. Hope this helps!

EstherP
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by EstherP » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:53 am

One of the best ways for your child to improve their writing is simply by teaching them to love reading. Reading is great because it gives them plenty of good writing examples to soak up and learn from. Reading is also a good way to increase their vocabulary and that is key for improving writing skills. The more your child reads the more they will learn about how sentences work together and the stronger their essay writing skills will be.

breatheandgrow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by breatheandgrow » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:35 am

mondecoinmetier wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:30 pm
Good question! I also been through this stage trying to teach my children how to write a good essay. However, I am not a English teacher and got limits to teaching correct English grammar. So what I do is I sent him to writing classes instead. My child actually did improve in writing. He have to write lots of essay to get better at it. Hope this helps!
Agree! Same in my case. It’s too hard to teach compo writing so I rather leave it to the experts. It takes the stress off the relationship with the kids. Sometimes when I do give them my take on their stories, they still feel I am judging them so nowadays I don’t even comment much. Fortunately they have been doing well.

CarolW
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by CarolW » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:26 am

I am letting my child widen his vocabulary first by reading good novels and I even ask him to read the newspaper. Then I will explain to him what he had read and I will let him express his thoughts verbally. Afterwards, we will write our thoughts on the matter we had discussed and I will check what he wrote and give feedback on how can he improve his essay.

MarioFred
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by MarioFred » Wed May 13, 2020 12:22 am

Hey there. There is no doubt you are looking for useful essay sample to implement it while quarantine is going on. I have good news for you there is the biggest essay database in https://lunwenzhushou.net/zuo-ye-dai-xie you can find everything you want with highest quality.A very good site, I advise you to use it

jliu76746
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jliu76746 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:38 pm

One of the main challenges of parenting is awakening the child’s desire to learn, explore, discover, and express. Sure, we can leave the education part to the teachers and the iPad, but is that the right solution? No! Sometimes, parents have to interfere. It’s their job to be the first teachers their children will ever have.
https://www.parenttoolkit.com/academics ... tter-essay

CerlynR
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by CerlynR » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:51 am

Sending kids to writing classes can help based on my experience..