Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Why? Why? Why?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Postby EN » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:46 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote
I just asked him the same question he asked me 5 years ago. His answer? "Music Player 3 lor"

He's a big boy now! :lol:

Tamarind wrote

He is only 4 years old, he does not understand how bad a train crash is. Perhaps he does not even know what is the meaning of death.

A four year old child might be limited by their choice of words when posing the question. There is no malicious intend on your boy's question. You did good in explaning to him how death impacts on those survived.

My son still remember what is being explained for eg he is able to describe & draw evaporation/condensation process, some facts on global warming, the Green Peace movement, cold/warm blooded animals, what is ERP, why it's needed & why it's not working. Usually I will explain when I have the time which means he got to wait for at least a week but he will remind me.

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Celyw » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:46 am

my 3yo boy is also in the stage of why why why now which is causing real stress to me nowadays. whenever me and my hubby in conversation, it will not be complete with him around intercepting with why?!

recently he is also in the why and deduce stage...

my hubby told him "last time you were in mummy's stomach"
his reply "why mummy want to eat me, I am not her food?"

today my mum trying trying to bluff him so she can go elsewhr
"I need to show gong gong home, so wun be coming back home"
he said "why gong gong cannot go home himself, why you need to
bring him home?" I was telling my mum, you make my father looked stupid! :lol:

Celyw
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby clare » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:26 am

Celyw wrote:my hubby told him "last time you were in mummy's stomach"
his reply "why mummy want to eat me, I am not her food?"

Hi, celyw, your little boy is so cute. And perfectly right, cos he didn't grow in your stomach mah :P I remember when my daughter asked a similar question (how come di-d is in your tummy with all the food??), my older ds told her very sternly: babies grow in WOMBS, not tummies. Unfortunately that led to a whole discussion about how babies get out of wombs, whether boys have wombs, etc etc etc, which i'm totally not ready to discuss yet...

clare
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Previous

Return to Working With Your Child

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres