donating old clothes, etc

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.
YJessica
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: donating old clothes, etc

Post by YJessica » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:40 pm

We have several clothes for girls ages 3 to 10 years old we wish to donate. Where do you recommend to have them drop off?

SeongheeKim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:12

Post by SeongheeKim » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:17 pm

EcoBank Collection Drive - Clothes, Books, Bags, Shoes, Toys, Electronics, Stationery, Artwork, Fashion accessories, Home décor
https://www.cdlsustainability.com/commu ... ion-drive/

Giving & Taking Free Stuff
We collect donations of small useful items and distribute them to mainly Filipino maids who will ship these items back to the Philippines.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/free.ukay/

SeongheeKim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:12

Post by SeongheeKim » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:59 pm

A donation drive to collect items such as the above will be held next Monday (24 Feb) at Project HOPE shop itself.

Donations they will accept include:
Children’s toys, books & stationery
Food far from the expiration date
Infant care items
Home appliances

Address: 227 Yishun Street 21, #01-520, Singapore 760227
Date & Time: Monday, 24 Feb, 7.30pm – 9.30pm

https://mustsharenews.com/yishun-charity-shop/

BranT
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by BranT » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:46 pm

Metta Welfare Association operates 10 welfare centres in Singapore, in the areas of Children Care, Medical Care, Disability Care service and more. From the young to the elderly, the infirm to the terminally ill, Metta transcend racial and religious barriers to enhance the quality of life of their beneficiaries.

They take in wearable and usable clothing for men, women, and children. Plus, they also accept belts, handbags, and books. Not only that, electronics and groceries are allowed too.

Where & How To Donate: If you’re looking to donate clothing, there is a blue recycling bin just opposite Metta Building’s basement car park lift. Make sure you pack all your items in a plastic bag before you drop them off, for hygiene purposes. As for groceries, you can buy and donate a specific list of goods through Fairprice.

Drop off your donations at Metta Building, 32 Simei Street 1, S(529950).

AngelaDavies
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by AngelaDavies » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:48 pm

I think it is a great idea. Good job! I really admire such people who think about others. You know, I would like to do the same things but I'm afraid. I had once a bad experience and don't want to repeat it. I ordered from lilylulufashion.com some summer clothes. I really liked them, but I had to move very quickly to London and you know the weather form there. So I thought that it will be great to make a gift away. I found a girl the I thought that will fit her and that she really needed the new clothes. Unfortunately, it was the wrong decision. She became very angry and started to quarrel. I was very disappointed by myself. Since then I haven't tried to do such things.

Pseow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Pseow » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:10 pm

Donate your old clothes to charities, this small act can help a lot of people..

deardear07
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:21

Post by deardear07 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:07 pm

BranT wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:46 pm
Metta Welfare Association operates 10 welfare centres in Singapore, in the areas of Children Care, Medical Care, Disability Care service and more. From the young to the elderly, the infirm to the terminally ill, Metta transcend racial and religious barriers to enhance the quality of life of their beneficiaries.

They take in wearable and usable clothing for men, women, and children. Plus, they also accept belts, handbags, and books. Not only that, electronics and groceries are allowed too.

Where & How To Donate: If you’re looking to donate clothing, there is a blue recycling bin just opposite Metta Building’s basement car park lift. Make sure you pack all your items in a plastic bag before you drop them off, for hygiene purposes. As for groceries, you can buy and donate a specific list of goods through Fairprice.

Drop off your donations at Metta Building, 32 Simei Street 1, S(529950).
Do they take in clothes, books n stuff all year round?

ReadingNikki
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by ReadingNikki » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:42 pm

Have lots of books we want to donate too, probably will add some of our old stuff. Where's the best place to donate items like these?