Changi Airport

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Changi Airport

Postby super_dad » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:58 pm

Good place for bringing kids to wander about.

http://nafishnafish-trips.blogspot.com/ ... nal-3.html

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Terminal 3

Postby jedamum » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am

super_dad wrote:Good place for bringing kids to wander about.

http://nafishnafish-trips.blogspot.com/ ... nal-3.html

been there 2 weeks back. was actually disappointed with the viewing gallery. my boy had a go with the public phone for the very first time though. :P

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:34 am

jedamum wrote:been there 2 weeks back. was actually disappointed with the viewing gallery. my boy had a go with the public phone for the very first time though. :P

Go to airport to try public phone? T3 so bad ah? Looks good from super_dad's photos, though.

I think there's an airshow coming up soon... don't remember where and when. That should be more interesting to kids than watching pot-bellied planes flop up and down the runway.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jedamum » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:25 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Go to airport to try public phone? T3 so bad ah? Looks good from super_dad's photos, though.

I think there's an airshow coming up soon... don't remember where and when. That should be more interesting to kids than watching pot-bellied planes flop up and down the runway.

:lol: those phones look clean...no need to disinfect before use..hardly can find those 'wall mounted' coin phone nowadays.

the viewing gallery is pretty cramp...they do have some odd corners which leads to dead end (perfect for dating..erm...studying couples :D). i've encountered a broken-down lift (with no signages notifying us that it has broken down). upon alighting the sky train, some areas in the 'lobby' was barricaded off cos (i think) the roof is leaking....can see them putting trays on the floor...or are they mopping the floor?

still think T2 is the best. :)

probably give the airshow a miss, cos i shun crowded places. :shock:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:02 pm

jedamum wrote::lol: those phones look clean...no need to disinfect before use..hardly can find those 'wall mounted' coin phone nowadays.

the viewing gallery is pretty cramp...they do have some odd corners which leads to dead end (perfect for dating..erm...studying couples :D). i've encountered a broken-down lift (with no signages notifying us that it has broken down). upon alighting the sky train, some areas in the 'lobby' was barricaded off cos (i think) the roof is leaking....can see them putting trays on the floor...or are they mopping the floor?

still think T2 is the best. :)

probably give the airshow a miss, cos i shun crowded places. :shock:

Makes us wonder how we managed to spend hours on public phones during the pre-mobile/SARS era hor? Remember the smell of public phones, especially the orange ones at the mama shops? Yeech.

Did u get stuck in the broken-down lift? Maybe then you can sue CAAS for distress and get a year of free flights in and out of Singapore :D.

I found some info on the Singapore Airshow. Seems like only on 23-24 Feb 2008 is the show open to the public, and with aerobatic flying displays. Dunno what time, though.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:23 pm

aerospace centre. Went there even before the road was open to the public :)

http://nafishnafish.blogspot.com/2007/1 ... route.html

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Luvkid » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:09 am

when was T3 ready huh?? :roll: Anyway, only manage to go ther last nite, can shop more than T1 or T2;both DS love the "colouring" part, WAIT, what's that call?? Anyway, a good place to enjoy the air con, for kids to wander... :love:

couldn't find the viewing gallery, got meh?? :?

Luvkid
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby blueblue » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:39 am

I am waiting for the slide thingy to open in T3..not sure if it is for kids or for adults

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kiasimom » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:43 am

I was at Changi A/P in early January.
Couldn't find any viewing galleries at T1, T2 and T3 :x

We left in disappointement. Wonder what has happen to the viewing galleries???

kiasimom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby girlmum » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:06 pm

Sorry but :offtopic: nothing much on T3 but my dd2 enjoys T2.

Quite a lot of stuff to do at T2 viewing gallery (Behind Fish & Co). Get to know more abt the job of a Air Traffic Controller and etc. There are also displays/instructions on how to fold different types of paper aeroplanes. My dd2 enjoys flying her paper planes there and get to see how far it can really goes. Just remember to bring plenty of recycled papers.

I remember bringing papers and ended up supplying to other children too. :lol:

girlmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Social, Outings, and Games