Playgrounds

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Playgrounds

Postby mintcc » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:29 pm

Playgrounds now adays seems to be getting more interesting/challenging...or is it because I have not been noticing them?

Anyway, I have been hearing alot of the "I want to go playground" request from my 3 year old and he had been trying everything that I think he shouldn't for his age from going up the slide the oppoite way to monkey bar to going up the rock climbing wall.

I am :shock: when he actually make it up the rock climbing wall and after he got up there, give me his hand and say "I help you?"

Am I being too protective?

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Playgrounds

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:43 pm

mincy wrote:...I am :shock: when he actually make it up the rock climbing wall and after he got up there, give me his hand and say "I help you?"

No... the real question is how you managed to retrieve him from his perch up on the wall!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mintcc » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:42 pm

ai yah, it's one of those playground with a "rock climbing" wall on one side and the other sides are slides, bridges, ladders and stairs so he slide down lor.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby lifestylelink » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:57 am

mincy wrote:ai yah, it's one of those playground with a "rock climbing" wall on one side and the other sides are slides, bridges, ladders and stairs so he slide down lor.

I think your son did very well and you should praise him for a job well done. Let him do what he wants, just teach him how to play safely in case he falls. Like I always teach my maid - SAFETY COMES FIRST. Sports is very good for muscle building and confidence training. :D

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Playgrounds

Postby jedamum » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:38 am

mincy wrote:I am :shock: when he actually make it up the rock climbing wall and after he got up there, give me his hand and say "I help you?"

Talk about protective....once my 6 yr old was trying out the rock wall and there was a bunch of kids behind him waiting for their turn and my boy was hesitant and busy scanning the area with his eyes and when he saw us he shouted...'I need supervision!!!!' :roll: :oops: :lol:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mintcc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:49 am

thanks lifestylelink ...I suppose I should treat it as "free gym" time for him just that the adults who go to playground with him all sweat because he is like a monkey let loose on the playground.

he shouted...'I need supervision!!!!' Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

:lol: I wish my boy got da discipline/ know how to recognize potential danger... tell him it is dangerous he still wan to do

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby heutistmeintag » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:56 pm

These playgrounds are exciting and my kids just love trying them out. Besides the big ones in Pasir Ris and West Coast Parks, does anyone know of big playgrounds elsewhere where I can dump my kids there for 1-2 hours?

heutistmeintag
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lifestylelink » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:09 pm

heutistmeintag wrote:These playgrounds are exciting and my kids just love trying them out. Besides the big ones in Pasir Ris and West Coast Parks, does anyone know of big playgrounds elsewhere where I can dump my kids there for 1-2 hours?

Most of the new estate has pretty good facility. Like the one at seng kang is pretty decent. Kids can easily spend an hour playing there, adult also has good free gym facility.

You can check out the new furbished playground at Bishan, big function area, gym facility, volley ball and basket ball court. It provides good family entertainment. Only shortcoming is not enough sitting facilities.

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby lifestylelink » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:15 pm

mincy wrote:thanks lifestylelink ...I suppose I should treat it as "free gym" time for him just that the adults who go to playground with him all sweat because he is like a monkey let loose on the playground.

he shouted...'I need supervision!!!!' Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

:lol: I wish my boy got da discipline/ know how to recognize potential danger... tell him it is dangerous he still wan to do

Not sure how old is your boy, but if he can climb the rock, then you should just let him play freely. Just show him, how to protect himself if he falls, to minimise injury. Like all sports, take safety measures, injury is unavoidable, its part of growing up. Also, I would tell him, he is free to do whatever he wants, but if he injure himself, no one will pity him, so don't cry. Being protective will not help him, remember he is a BOY, he needs to do national service and protect the country. :P

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mintcc » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:35 pm

hi lifestylelink,

my boi just turn 3 so I am quite worried when he play with those playground structures that is, well, taller than me. But I suppose you are right, he will need to train up, not very sure how to how he can protect himself if he falls from high up though.

heutistmeintag, they have some interesting playgrounds at Hortpark ... 3 or 4 different ones for different age groups. Tiong Bahru park besides Tiong Bahru plaza has an interesting playground with a "train" theme but it is for kids who are 5 and above. (it got my 3 year old all excited and we got plenty of exercise following him in his adventure) . Vivocity and IMM also have some interesting playgrounds.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Social, Outings, and Games