Halloween / Trick or Treat

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Halloween / Trick or Treat

Postby charmed » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:56 am

Anyone knows where I can bring my kids for trick or treat? It's a big event celebrated in some malls, subdivisions and neighbourhoods in Philippines but here in Singapore, I think, it's not a practice. Can anyone suggest a good place to go for trick or treats.

charmed
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Halloween / Trick or Treat

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:04 am

charmed wrote:Anyone knows where I can bring my kids for trick or treat? It's a big event celebrated in some malls, subdivisions and neighbourhoods in Philippines but here in Singapore, I think, it's not a practice. Can anyone suggest a good place to go for trick or treats.

Halloween isn't too hot for people in Singapore... the best we have are horror movies on TV during that period. We have the Chinese' 7th month celebrations though. Does that count :lol: ?

You might want to check out the American Association of Singapore. They have this Mocktail event on 24 Oct.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Halloween / Trick or Treat

Postby lifestylelink » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:36 am

charmed wrote:Anyone knows where I can bring my kids for trick or treat? It's a big event celebrated in some malls, subdivisions and neighbourhoods in Philippines but here in Singapore, I think, it's not a practice. Can anyone suggest a good place to go for trick or treats.

You can check out Tumble tots for their Halloween party. They have one last year at Parkway Parade.

http://www.tumbletots.com.sg/photo_gallery.html

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Halloween - thanks

Postby charmed » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:03 pm

Thanks ChiefKiasu & LifeStyleLinks! We'll check them out. I will also do more searching coz my kids want to go house to house for trick or treat. :)

charmed
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby milkomome » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:01 pm

Hi...I always bring my kids to Woodlands.next to the SAS... Trick or treat-ing house to house :D My kids love it...tho some houses do get a tad scary... :P Happy Halloween

milkomome
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby charmed » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:25 am

Thanks milkomome! This is exactly what I'm looking for. May I know where exactly in Woodlands do you go? What street? landmark? We don't have a car and we have 3 kids in tow. It will be difficult for us to wander aimlessly around woodlands with 3 young kids. Thank you.

milkomome wrote:Hi...I always bring my kids to Woodlands.next to the SAS... Trick or treat-ing house to house :D My kids love it...tho some houses do get a tad scary... :P Happy Halloween

charmed
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby milkomome » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:31 am

Ummmm....im really bad with street names... I usually tell the taxi driver to drop me at Singapore American School..then just follow the path of dressed up kiddies :lol: Its the houses behind/next to the school .

i hope that helps :D

milkomome
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby charmed » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:43 am

milkomome wrote:Ummmm....im really bad with street names... I usually tell the taxi driver to drop me at Singapore American School..then just follow the path of dressed up kiddies :lol: Its the houses behind/next to the school .

i hope that helps :D

Thanks. One more thing. What time do they start? Is it done exactly on Oct 31 (Halloween Day) or do they postpone it during Sat/Sun? Sorry so many questions.

charmed
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Hippymum » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Hihi i would like to join but..are we suppose to dress up? including parents? 8)
im living in hougang maybe anybody living nearby..we can do a meet up first?

Hippymum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Halloween Trick or treat

Postby lovebaby » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:11 am

Do parents in singapore go trick a treat with their children? Where we are staying, we have many foreigners kids coming by our place every year the last 2 weekends in Oct for Trick or treat. This year thinking of bringing my kid out as well. But do we need to dress up?

lovebaby
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Social, Outings, and Games