Learning cycling

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Learning cycling

Postby arielgetz » Sun May 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Does anyone know or is willing to teach cycling? I know how to cycle but I do not know how to teach without breaking my back.... :roll:

arielgetz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun May 16, 2010 5:12 pm

How did you learn to cycle?
I learnt by myself ie trial and error. My p5 girl did the same too.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun May 16, 2010 7:45 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:I learnt by myself ie trial and error. My p5 girl did the same too.

My elder boy was taught by his grandpa, while my younger boy was taught by me. BUT I CANT CYCLE.

I tried learning but keep falling to one side. The method I used to teach my younger boy worked on him but sadly not on myself :cry:

I want to buy a tricycle :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby arielgetz » Mon May 17, 2010 7:59 am

I learnt through trial and error, fall a bit here and there, when I was young.....then dawned on me I do not know how to teach my gal to cycle cos she is scared of falling.....sigh

arielgetz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Akin » Mon May 17, 2010 10:24 am

suppose there is one one can teach cycling without falling. Maybe you can buy those ankle guard, knee guard and a helmet?? So that when she falls, it will not be as bad as without those protection. :lol:

Akin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby arielgetz » Mon May 17, 2010 10:55 am

Did think about that......but thought a bit too much for just cycling 8) cos only see those for inline skating.

arielgetz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Funz » Mon May 17, 2010 11:23 am

DH just bought them 2 spanking new bicycles for their birthdays. And thought it is time they learn to ride without the training wheels.

I cannot cycle even if my life depended on it. And I have this major fear of them hurting themselves as I had a pretty bad accident just when I started to balance on the bike when I was learning. So I told DH he will have to be the one teaching them as I am too tense and worried. With that, he promptly went out and got the training wheels to attach to their bikes. :stupid:

Guess they will have to figure this out on their own.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby arielgetz » Mon May 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Think the fear of falling and the reality of falling will always be there, even if you do know how to cycle. Misjudge a curb the other day and the next thing i know, CRASH......

ya, think you are right. they will be ready and know what to do when the time comes. If i were to teach, i seriously think i will end up losing temper the way i do when i teach them homework.

arielgetz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby BigDevil » Mon May 17, 2010 1:01 pm

DD recently "graduated" from her cycling lesson, and she can now pretty much ride without falling. It's basically 4 one-hour lesson, and this guy offered a guarantee that all his students will pass. Though he didn't specifically said it, but I think he will offer extra classes if the student still does not know how to cycle by the end of the 4th class at no extra cost.

Anyway, so far all the students we met (including adults) could cycle by the end of the 4th class, including DD. One parent sent all 3 of his boys to take lesson from this guy when they are old enough, so that's one satisfied customer!

Give him a call if you're interested to sign your children up for class. http://www.singaporemirror.com/co_honkah.htm

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby arielgetz » Mon May 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Bigdevil, thanks for the info!! The guy only teaches at his bicycle shop?

arielgetz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Social, Outings, and Games