SOCIAL GATHERINGS

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

SOCIAL GATHERINGS

Postby chic_savvy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:51 am

Hey parents, am thinking of organizing an ad-hoc or bi-weekly gathering for us the parents and our kids :)

Venues can be at one parent's home (I could start off with mine), Botanic Gardens (could organize a picnic), Kite flying, chill out at the beach etc.

The purpose is to get like-minded parents (with kids of course!) and our lil angels (and "devils" :rubhands:) to mingle and make more friends of the same peers. Parents could exchange tips and chill to an afternoon soiree, if it's at a home, we could also whip up some dishes or baking.

This is one gathering that should have NO discrimination. All are welcome as long as you do not have any ill intentions - whatever (you know) that means. Don't be ashamed even if your child has special needs but do made known to us so that we are aware and be more sensitive to his/her needs.

I think it would be a great way to mingle with each other and learn more things. What say you parents? :)

chic_savvy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Emelyn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:33 am

Since there is a recent article on kiasuparents.com, perhaps, we can just organise a kiasuparents forum get-together.... like Corporation's Family Day like that.

Probably at a park lah... like West Coast Park, Labrador Park, Botanical Gardens (more central), East Coast Park, MacRitchie, etc....

Just blast on this forum... set a date/time, and anyone available can go....

Just wondering...whether we should wear a tag showing our nicknames, or not.... :lol:

Emelyn
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby penglee » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:03 pm

26854 members and counting
even if 1% turn out, that is 250 families :!:

you really need one Big venue :celebrate:

penglee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby chic_savvy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:30 am

Huh? No lah, I'm not thinking of big scales like fort canning concerts :wink:

We could scale down to residential district. I mean of course if parents from the west (I'm staying in NE) would like to join by all means. Say my area has kite flying and stuffs, we could organize. Just saying. Hey or maybe I should go to the NE thread? heh..

chic_savvy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:00 am

Exams coming you know... being kiasuparents, you think we'll be in the mood for social gatherings during this time :lol: ? Maybe in the week after PSLEs, or the week before PSLE results are announced. That would be the ideal time for gatherings :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby chic_savvy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:47 am

Hello chief, my kids haven't got the chance to reach PSLE yet so I wasn't aware that it is exam period! But now that I know, ok will try to arrange something at later then :)

chic_savvy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby chic_savvy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:52 am

Don't wana waste thread space so am gona post a possible outing here :)

I'm taking my gal to the beach (Cafe Del Mar) for a sunny day out on one of the weekdays (on a Thursday most prob), any mummies along with their kids interested? Mummies chill by the pool and kids playing with sand and pool!

chic_savvy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jimmycathy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:08 am

chic_savvy wrote:Don't wana waste thread space so am gona post a possible outing here :)

I'm taking my gal to the beach (Cafe Del Mar) for a sunny day out on one of the weekdays (on a Thursday most prob), any mummies along with their kids interested? Mummies chill by the pool and kids playing with sand and pool!

Hi, can join you as my boy have one week holiday for PSLE marking. Let me know..

jimmycathy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby chic_savvy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:09 am

Awesome, but you are a mummy here rite? I mean a female.

chic_savvy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby flim » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:43 pm

chic_savvy, how old are your children?

i live in NE (hougang) too. my daughter's 5.

flim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Social, Outings, and Games