Kids show us bus journey is more FUN than destination

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Kids show us bus journey is more FUN than destination

Postby penglee » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:09 pm

We took a double decker bus ride, and aimed for the front rows.
Adults take bus and train rides for granted, kids view every ride as an adventure !

Every thing look smaller when we are high up!
Every tree, overhead bridge, traffic junction become another subject of interest.

Kids were yaking non-stop :lol:
Is it fun? You tell us :wink:

Leave the car home for the next trip, let your kiddos bring you on a journey ! For more fun and videos, read our blog -->
http://sengkangbabies.blogspot.com/2010/11/double-decker-bus-161-journey-is-more.html

penglee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby duriz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Thank you for sharing.

You and your kids are always getting into fun situations.

I have yet to bring DD (13 months) on a bus :D

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tamarind » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:40 pm

penglee,
Thanks for sharing ! You have a wonderful blog !

I brought my kids to take a double decker bus from Orchard Road all the way back to Jurong West before, instead of Daddy's car. Like you, I also think that it is a good experience our public transport system :wink: My kids always think that bus and MRT are more fun than the car.

tamarind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peterch » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:00 pm

We often do this too by Bus Service No. 88 from Pasir Ris Int to Toa Payoh Int v.v. just for lunch....... :oops:

peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby 3Boys » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:08 pm

Heh heh,
my DS1 insisted on taking a bus instead of taxi home yesterday from Vivocity, and boy did they have a ball!

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smurf » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Initially, it may be more fun, but after that, nothing fresh anymore. Ds1 now prefer car than public transport. I think he is too lazy. :P

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby penglee » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 pm

glad u all found it interesting :lol:
Tq 8)

penglee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi penglee

Your article reminded me of a little game that my family played eons ago when my boys were in pre-school.

It was one of those boring days during the year end school holidays and we decided to do something different for a change. We decided to hop onto a double decker bus from Boon Lay Interchange for the start of our little game. We are located in the North East, so we thought that starting the game from Boon Lay Interchange would be a fairer deal since we are not familiar with the bus routes from that Interchange.

Before we set off, each boy drew lots to form a team with one parent and each boy set off with 50 points.

The aim of the game was to collect points on the bus journey which the boys could exchange for computer time during the holidays. :celebrate: We decided on how to earn bonus points and how to have penalty points before we left home.

We boarded a double decker bus from Boon Lay Interchange and aimed for the first two seats in front on the upper deck, one team per side of the bus.

Along the way, whichever team that spotted any emergency vehicles on their side of the road earned some bonus points. Similiarily, bonus points were also given whenever that team spotted a road that had a person's name as the road name etc. Of course, there were other ways to earn bonus points for the team. These are just some examples. :lol:

Just as there were bonus points to be earned, there were also penalty points to be deducted and things like having a bus inspector boarding the bus, or a group of rowdy and noisy teenagers boarding the bus etc were enough to deduct penalty points from both teams. :P

We really had fun playing that little game and in the end, after the trip, both boys earned between 30 to 45 mins of computer time to play computer games!

Try it out if you happen to have bored kids at home one day! :wink:

Return to Social, Outings, and Games