Where to see Snakes in Sngapore ?

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Where to see Snakes in Sngapore ?

Postby Eagle-Ladybird » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi Guys/Gals,

My son would like to see snakes. Besides the Zoo, is there any snake farms in Singapore, much like the Crocodile farm ? Any recommendations ? Thanks in advance

Eagle-Ladybird
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Where to see Snakes in Sngapore ?

Postby AuntieKiasi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Eagle-Ladybird wrote:Hi Guys/Gals,

My son would like to see snakes. Besides the Zoo, is there any snake farms in Singapore, much like the Crocodile farm ? Any recommendations ? Thanks in advance

Wow!!! Is your son interested in reptiles? My ds went to sungei buloh the other day & saw a real snake!!! A pit viper to be exact. He told me that the snake was slithering down a tree!! Said the snake was blue in color!!

AuntieKiasi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Eagle-Ladybird » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. I almost gave up on searching for this thread cos I could not find it since (thought it would be in chat :stupid: ). For a moment, I thought demetia set in for me . . . :pray:

Yes, my son is into reptiles (strangely, hahaha). Yes we have been to Sungai Buloh.

Took him to the Tortoise/Turtle Farm in Chinese Garden - quite an adventure. There are probably hundreds of tortoises/terrapins/turtles. We took a big cabbage there to feed them, and my kids enjoyed (including my girl). Highly recommended, if your kids are into such activities.

Eagle-Ladybird
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cnimed » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Bukit Timah hill walking trails? The less popular ones will have snakes (and lots of mosquitoes). My boys and I took one such trail by mistake (we were actually looking for the one that will lead to the quarry) and we saw a black snake with two bright red stripes running down its entire back. If you want to venture into that, remember to wear proper walking shoes that will protect your feet, and pants. Plus mosquito repellent ocos. :)
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby AuntieKiasi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:26 pm

Eagle-Ladybird wrote:Thanks for the reply. I almost gave up on searching for this thread cos I could not find it since (thought it would be in chat :stupid: ). For a moment, I thought demetia set in for me . . . :pray:

Yes, my son is into reptiles (strangely, hahaha). Yes we have been to Sungai Buloh.

Took him to the Tortoise/Turtle Farm in Chinese Garden - quite an adventure. There are probably hundreds of tortoises/terrapins/turtles. We took a big cabbage there to feed them, and my kids enjoyed (including my girl). Highly recommended, if your kids are into such activities.

I haven't heard about this farm before. In Chinese Garden? I think my son will be interested. My son is also crazy about reptiles. He reads a lot about reptiles. He said if he wanted to be a zoologist or herpatologist when he grows up. The best time to visit Sungei Buloh is at about 8am. Your son will be thrilled about the estuarine crocodiles there. The crocs will be out basking in the sun at that time. Awesome .... I must say...though a bit scary.

AuntieKiasi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby AuntieKiasi » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:07 pm

deminc wrote:Bukit Timah hill walking trails? The less popular ones will have snakes (and lots of mosquitoes). My boys and I took one such trail by mistake (we were actually looking for the one that will lead to the quarry) and we saw a black snake with two bright red stripes running down its entire back. If you want to venture into that, remember to wear proper walking shoes that will protect your feet, and pants. Plus mosquito repellent ocos. :)

Do they have guided walk over @bukit timah like the ones in sungei buloh or do we have to venture the trails ourselves? I would like to bring my ds over there for the walks. Have anyone been to Pasir Ris Park? Is there to see there?

AuntieKiasi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby couriers » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:18 am

I will stick to the zoo ones : ) thanks are they poisonous?

couriers
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:39 am

couriers wrote:I will stick to the zoo ones : ) thanks are they poisonous?

snake restaurant. any in singapore ?
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:05 am

AuntieKiasi wrote:
deminc wrote:Bukit Timah hill walking trails? The less popular ones will have snakes (and lots of mosquitoes). My boys and I took one such trail by mistake (we were actually looking for the one that will lead to the quarry) and we saw a black snake with two bright red stripes running down its entire back. If you want to venture into that, remember to wear proper walking shoes that will protect your feet, and pants. Plus mosquito repellent ocos. :)

Do they have guided walk over @bukit timah like the ones in sungei buloh or do we have to venture the trails ourselves? I would like to bring my ds over there for the walks. Have anyone been to Pasir Ris Park? Is there to see there?

I dont think there are guided walks. The maps are pretty clear.There are different trails with varing difficulty each colour coded. U can search online and get them to plan ur route. Or you can get brouchers there. plenty of places to rest. So you could take a risk and go up the more diff ones too.

so go take a hike :wink:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Social, Outings, and Games