Work Play program at the Zoo

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Work Play program at the Zoo

Postby AuntieKiasi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Have anyone of you been to the Zoo this holidays? They had this ZooHoo Work Play program going on for the school holiday weekends. I went with ds the other day...however, he was disappointed. Firstly, the zoo was extreme crowded :x Secondly, the Work Play program is boring. Ds thought that he would get to work with the real creatures (but it turned out to be all cardboard) ....boring except when it came to the last part when ds get to work with a real creature (an African pygmy Warthog). When I checked with him how he felt about the program,he said the only part he remembered was on the African Warthog. So as all of you can see, the whole program is a total bore save for the last part. So if you all are planning to visit the zoo this weekend because of this program, my advice: CHANGE YOUR PLAN!!!

AuntieKiasi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Work Play program at the Zoo

Postby jedamum » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:57 pm

AuntieKiasi wrote:Have anyone of you been to the Zoo this holidays? They had this ZooHoo Work Play program going on for the school holiday weekends. I went with ds the other day...however, he was disappointed. Firstly, the zoo was extreme crowded :x Secondly, the Work Play program is boring. Ds thought that he would get to work with the real creatures (but it turned out to be all cardboard) ....boring except when it came to the last part when ds get to work with a real creature (an African pygmy Warthog). When I checked with him how he felt about the program,he said the only part he remembered was on the African Warthog. So as all of you can see, the whole program is a total bore save for the last part. So if you all are planning to visit the zoo this weekend because of this program, my advice: CHANGE YOUR PLAN!!!

i did check out zoo's website after reading penglee's sharing here - http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... hp?t=16833, and i think the website did state
Note: All the games are not played with real animals except for the Show Presenter game where it will feature a show and tell by our presenters with real animals. At any time, participants will not handle the animal without the approval of the professional show presenter. Games are weather permitting.

weekend can be a nightmare visiting any place.....

want up close and personal with zoo animals? there is a price to pay....
http://education.zoo.com.sg/jnr_zookeep ... get=public

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby AuntieKiasi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:18 pm

jedamum wrote:
AuntieKiasi wrote:Have anyone of you been to the Zoo this holidays? They had this ZooHoo Work Play program going on for the school holiday weekends. I went with ds the other day...however, he was disappointed. Firstly, the zoo was extreme crowded :x Secondly, the Work Play program is boring. Ds thought that he would get to work with the real creatures (but it turned out to be all cardboard) ....boring except when it came to the last part when ds get to work with a real creature (an African pygmy Warthog). When I checked with him how he felt about the program,he said the only part he remembered was on the African Warthog. So as all of you can see, the whole program is a total bore save for the last part. So if you all are planning to visit the zoo this weekend because of this program, my advice: CHANGE YOUR PLAN!!!

i did check out zoo's website after reading penglee's sharing here - http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... hp?t=16833, and i think the website did state
Note: All the games are not played with real animals except for the Show Presenter game where it will feature a show and tell by our presenters with real animals. At any time, participants will not handle the animal without the approval of the professional show presenter. Games are weather permitting.

weekend can be a nightmare visiting any place.....

want up close and personal with zoo animals? there is a price to pay....
http://education.zoo.com.sg/jnr_zookeep ... get=public

hi, in my ds brain he thought that he can up close with the real stuff. After all he had been to the nature reserves before and had even come up close with some of the wild animals so to him the zoo's program was a tad bland. The last time me & dh went with him to sungei buloh he came into close proximity with the wildlife creatures. Ds went on a 1 day camp with them & the people over there were real passionate about the wildlife creatures & they brought the kids to see for themselves the real thing. I mean how many people have seen crabs climbing trees, snake (a pit viper no less) slither down a tree, salt water crocodiles snapping at the Greater white herons, mangrove trees, Malayan water monitor lizards (approx 2m long)up close. My ds has seen these.

AuntieKiasi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mummymur » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:50 am

i thought this is quite helpful. sons and i enjoyed ourselves trying to do one of these from the recommendation. http://events.insing.com/editorial/Let- ... d-7c772900

mummymur
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Social, Outings, and Games