about NEX @ Serangoon

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

about NEX @ Serangoon

Postby new_mummy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:46 pm

have u girls been there?

i had recently been there and the feeling i get when i was there was:

1. it's crampy! the corridors are so narrow
2. The direction maps and directions in general is really horrible
3. it's like a super huge supermarket. noisy and warm! ;P

very different feeling from other established shopping centres like Vivovity and Suntec.... :cry: :cry:

new_mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby yqyq » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:12 pm

yup..been there last sat afternoon...just love the place despite abit crowded.

Convenient as MRT just below... :D

yqyq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MMM » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:31 pm

I like the restaurants variety there. There are just so many and hence it's not difficult to look for a less crowded place as I hate to queue. But wonder if they can survive int he long run.

I also like th disney shop there as with the decor and music, it has a disneystore feeling.

Traffic is bad as there is a bottleneck turning in from upper serangoon. We saw cisco guards positioning there yesterday. They are in for a fat bonus if their bonus is based on the number of pictures they took. We still haven't figure out how to get to the mall's car park so we park at HDB but it's convenient.

Isetan is too small.... Nothing to rave about. Toys dept was pathetic. I prefer PP more.

BTW, I observed that parkway parade seems quiet these days (eg. car park and everywhere). Wonder if the crowds have moved to Nex.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

NEX Serangoon

Postby tinkfirst » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Yes, last wk I brought my kids to the Shaw cinema to watch movies. The signages are not very clear though. Got to ask around for directions. Very crowded & make sure to hold your kids hands tightly if they are very young. But many good eateries around. Spoil of choices!! Will go there again after Christmas, probably not so crowded then.

tinkfirst
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: NEX Serangoon

Postby new_mummy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:42 pm

tinkfirst wrote:Yes, last wk I brought my kids to the Shaw cinema to watch movies. The signages are not very clear though. Got to ask around for directions. Very crowded & make sure to hold your kids hands tightly if they are very young. But many good eateries around. Spoil of choices!! Will go there again after Christmas, probably not so crowded then.

heard that the cinemas are very small. about a 100px only. how's the effect?

new_mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby new_mummy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 pm

MMM wrote:I like the restaurants variety there. There are just so many and hence it's not difficult to look for a less crowded place as I hate to queue. But wonder if they can survive int he long run.

I also like th disney shop there as with the decor and music, it has a disneystore feeling.

Traffic is bad as there is a bottleneck turning in from upper serangoon. We saw cisco guards positioning there yesterday. They are in for a fat bonus if their bonus is based on the number of pictures they took. We still haven't figure out how to get to the mall's car park so we park at HDB but it's convenient.

Isetan is too small.... Nothing to rave about. Toys dept was pathetic. I prefer PP more.

BTW, I observed that parkway parade seems quiet these days (eg. car park and everywhere). Wonder if the crowds have moved to Nex.

think not only marine parade. two weeks ago, i went to suntec for dinner. We almost had the whole restaurant to ourselves. first time see an empty suntec. maybe the crowd goes to NEXX at the moment

new_mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby new_mummy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:47 pm

MMM wrote:I like the restaurants variety there. There are just so many and hence it's not difficult to look for a less crowded place as I hate to queue. But wonder if they can survive int he long run.

there's a disney shop? i never get to see all the shops... turn off by the crowds. maybe i will go back again when the interest died down.

new_mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:53 pm

I hate the rows and rows of lights near Watson, forgot which level is that. Makes me giddy and the corridors are too narrow, but other than that, I am basically quite happy with the place, very convenient with a 24hour NTUC and shops like Challenger and Popular have made my life easier theses days.

I am looking forward to the opening of the Sky Garden, in particular the dog run upstairs! :wink:

You know what we said that's missing from NEX? Daiso! That would make the place even more attractive! :wink:

Postby minty2000 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:49 am

Which MRT station is that? Is just below the shopping mall? That'll be very convenient indeed !

minty2000
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby new_mummy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:53 am

25hourmaid wrote:I hate the rows and rows of lights near Watson, forgot which level is that. Makes me giddy and the corridors are too narrow, but other than that, I am basically quite happy with the place, very convenient with a 24hour NTUC and shops like Challenger and Popular have made my life easier theses days.

I am looking forward to the opening of the Sky Garden, in particular the dog run upstairs! :wink:

You know what we said that's missing from NEX? Daiso! That would make the place even more attractive! :wink:

YESSSHHHHHHHH Daiso! my favourite $2 shop, hahaaa. would luv to have that too.

they are having a dog hotel there as well right? if i am not wrong

new_mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Social, Outings, and Games