All About Ideas for Birthday Celebration/Presents

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

birthday venue

Postby Cindylee75 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:49 pm

anyone know where to get venue for birthday party for 6yrs old other than Mc Donalds & those listed in the web? Thks

Cindylee75
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: birthday venue

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Cindylee75 wrote:anyone know where to get venue for birthday party for 6yrs old other than Mc Donalds & those listed in the web? Thks

I posted a reply somewhere in the birthday thread about doing something special for your child's birthday.

Try Mainland Fishfarm for something different. Seen some parties there before and the kids seem to be having fun!

http://www.mainlandfishfarm.com/party.html

Postby Cindylee75 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Thks. Any other recommendations?

Cindylee75
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby usaik » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:48 pm

How about throwing a party at HPB Healthzone?

Not sure if this is one of the venue already listed in the web...but it certainly can be found on the web at http://www.hpb.gov.sg/uploadedFiles/HPB ... _Party.pdf

usaik
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby DesertWind » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:56 pm

How about having birthday parties at indoor playgrounds like O'zone at Orchid Country Club? Or those at one next to Indoor Stadium. These indoor playgrounds host parties as well so kids can have lots of fun in the playground before and after the party.
:celebrate:

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: birthday venue

Postby Twins » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Cindylee75 wrote:anyone know where to get venue for birthday party for 6yrs old other than Mc Donalds & those listed in the web? Thks

You can try Lilliputt, an indoor mini golf place, located at old Big Splash. My sons had a ball of a time (no puns intended :wink:) when they were invited to a friend's party there! Each hole has a theme of an present / past iconic place in singapore, so therein lies the entertainment factor too.

http://www.lilliputt.com/

Or Go-Go-Bambini - a huge indoor entertainment playground - with slides, climbing areas, ball house etc.

http://www.gogobambini.com/

Twins
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

All About Ideas for Birthday Celebration/Presents

Postby lingyongwah » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:42 pm

Original Title: What present can I buy for my 12yr old daughter?

My daughter's 12th birthday is fast approaching and I'm desperately thinking of something to get her. She said to me the other day..."12th birthdays are very important, like the Chinese calendar, its one cycle. So present must be something special also ok?"

She's not into dolls etc. She's quite athletic (plays badminton), and has all gadgets, such as iPhone 4, Wii, laptop etc.

Would appreciate any ideas you may have.

Thanks in advance.

lingyongwah
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: What present can I buy for my 12yr old daughter?

Postby tankee » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:20 pm

budget?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby MadScientist » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:21 pm

lingyongwah wrote:My daughter's 12th birthday is fast approaching and I'm desperately thinking of something to get her. She said to me the other day..."12th birthdays are very important, like the Chinese calendar, its one cycle. So present must be something special also ok?"

She's not into dolls etc. She's quite athletic (plays badminton), and has all gadgets, such as iPhone 4, Wii, laptop etc.

Would appreciate any ideas you may have.

Thanks in advance.

Bring her indoor rock climbing?

Suggestions aplenty...
you need to know your daughter's love language... then you know what she appreciates.
Some appreciate time with parents, others appreciate physical and tangible presents, etc.

This is a beautiful discovery tool for you to solve this and future birthday presents...
http://www.5lovelanguages.com/assessmen ... /children/

MadScientist
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jtoh » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:29 pm

How about a day out doing something adventurous like the MegaZip at Sentosa, followed by shopping together for a suitable birthday present. It'll be a memorable day and the present will be linked with the memories of the day.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Social, Outings, and Games