Sunset Bay: fave shady spot for fun, out of the sun, all day

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Sunset Bay: fave shady spot for fun, out of the sun, all day

Postby sgmom » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:57 pm

Kids, like dogs, need to be taken outside and exercised. My two eat better, sleep better and behave better when they’ve spent a good chunk of time out of doors.

The challenge in Singapore is the searing sun: most parents take their kids outside only before 10 or after 5. The rest of the day, their brood is confined inside. There is another way! I’m committed to finding (and sharing!) cool, shady spots you can hit up any time of the day.

ImageMy favorite is “Sunset Bay” on the East Coast. Ok, I don't know if it’s formally called Sunset Bay, but there’s a Cafe with that name nearby. It’s at that big bougainvillea tower you drive by on the ECP, not far from the turnoff to Bayshore. There’s a nice little bay that’s lined with massive trees that cast shade over most of the beach the entire day. I take my kids down there regularly to build sandcastles – and at all hours of the day. We’ve had shade at 11:30, shade at 2 p.m and shade after school, at 3 p.m.

Click here for pix & to read more on my blog! http://sneezywheezy.com/?p=1293

sgmom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Social, Outings, and Games