Do you fix a weekly exercise routine with your DS or DD?

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Do you fix a weekly exercise routine with your DS or DD?

Postby chenwj » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:23 pm

I was telling my boy earlier that we should have a weekly jogging session. Each time minimum should be 5KM and we should cover our neighbourhood.

But my boy suggest we should get bicycles so we can cycle to another town instead! :scared: He say he wants to cycle from Choa Chua Kang to Jurong! :sweat:

I thought that is a brilliant idea. I told him after CNY we shall get our bicycles.

chenwj
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Do you fix a weekly exercise routine with your DS or DD?

Postby alwayslucky » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:43 pm

chenwj wrote:I was telling my boy earlier that we should have a weekly jogging session. Each time minimum should be 5KM and we should cover our neighbourhood.

But my boy suggest we should get bicycles so we can cycle to another town instead! :scared: He say he wants to cycle from Choa Chua Kang to Jurong! :sweat:

I thought that is a brilliant idea. I told him after CNY we shall get our bicycles.

Any idea wat are the reliable and safe brands of jogging shoes for 6 and 4 yr olds?

My worry is their legs are not developed for long distance running.
Anyone bring their kids go jogging? Normally how far?

alwayslucky
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Do you fix a weekly exercise routine with your DS or DD?

Postby Just relax » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 am

I think cycling, jogging and badminton are good activities and should be encouraged with DC. There is definitely so many pluses and no minuses.

For jogging and badminton the right shoes are important, whether young or old, so go to a proper sports shop and get advice. Get the right shoe model then go hunting elsewhere for bargain prices.

As for cycling, the important issue is road safety. If you have a car then get bicycle rack and then drive and park at the various park connector points and then start riding. It is a fun and safe way to cycle. Once you and DC are familiar and confident about riding together then you can try cycling to different towns. Practise cycling together first at a safe area which still gives you enjoyable views.

Just relax
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Social, Outings, and Games