Chatek and 5 Stones anyone?

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Chatek and 5 Stones anyone?

Postby mamaswan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:26 pm

Help. I need to buy these old time favourites - about 20 of each. Does anyone know what they cost today, and where I could get them from?

mamaswan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Chatek and 5 Stones anyone?

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:52 pm

mamaswan wrote:Help. I need to buy these old time favourites - about 20 of each. Does anyone know what they cost today, and where I could get them from?

chatek I don't know... hard to find chicken feathers these days. But 5 stones were made, not bought, during our days. Cloth, green beans, and deft fingers.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby cmm » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:54 pm

I happened to be at Changi Village today and they had chatek for sale at the shops opposite the hawker centre. I didn't check out the prices though, should be around $1 bah. Maybe can get bulk discount since you are getting 20pcs?

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mamaswan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:33 am

Thanks very much. Might make a trip out to Changi Village. I remember seeing 5 stones for sale - even as a child. It is hard to imagine seeing them in a shop today.

mamaswan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby schellen » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:13 am

I bought a set of 5 stones fro my DD at the National Museum shop. Of course, it'll be pricier there but it's of good quality. They come in a nice drawstring pouch.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby RRMummy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:52 pm

mamaswan wrote:Help. I need to buy these old time favourites - about 20 of each. Does anyone know what they cost today, and where I could get them from?

Err.. I saw it at a corner shop at Marsiling. It is a corner shophouse (near to Singapore Pools) opposite Marsiling MRT.. but that was abt 2 months back.. that shop sells all different types of stuff for kids' party, kites, toys and plastic wares..

But sorry can't remember how much they charge for the chateks and five stones..

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby kams » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:01 pm

RRMummy wrote:

Err.. I saw it at a corner shop at Marsiling. It is a corner shophouse (near to Singapore Pools) opposite Marsiling MRT.. but that was abt 2 months back.. that shop sells all different types of stuff for kids' party, kites, toys and plastic wares..

But sorry can't remember how much they charge for the chateks and five stones..

Yep, saw some chaptehs & 5 stones at the shop that RRMummy was talking abt. It's at Blk 305 Woodlands St 31, opposite Angelin's Baby & Child Clinic. Can chk for u the prices if u want coz it's near my hse.

kams
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mamaswan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks so much everyone. I've been told that there might be a shop at Marine Parade selling them. Will try this, and if I have no luck, will go to the Marsiling MRT shop. Tks for the info, and for offering to go chk for prices. May ask if you could do this if I have no luck on my end.

mamaswan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kams » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:23 pm

OK I walked past the Marsiling shop just now & saw the prices. Each chapteh is $1. There's a more expensive bigger type of chapteh, costing $2.50 each. A set of 5 stones is $1.40. Hope this helps.

kams
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mamaswan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:50 pm

this is great!! thanks so very much for all your help. i am happy that my first post here has turned out so nicely. you guys are v helpful!

mamaswan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Social, Outings, and Games