Bringing Kids to US

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Bringing Kids to US

Postby snoorks » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:35 pm

Is it ok to bring kids to USA nowadays (for about 1week plus)? With the H1N1 thinggy still spreading? My DS1 is 5years old and is thinking of bringing him along with us (but will sure he get those vaccination if I were to bring him along).

Thanks

snoorks
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Bringing Kids to US

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:57 pm

snoorks wrote:Is it ok to bring kids to USA nowadays (for about 1week plus)? With the H1N1 thinggy still spreading? My DS1 is 5years old and is thinking of bringing him along with us (but will sure he get those vaccination if I were to bring him along).

Thanks

Err... I think by now, our chance of getting H1N1 in Singapore is as good as anywhere else. Just make sure you wear N95 masks on the flight, throughout if possible.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby MLR » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Its summer now in US, so less likely to catch the seasonal flu bug (which to me is more deadly than H1N1). Be sure to get the flu shot at least 2 weeks b4 flying off. In the meanwhile boost your immune system with good rest, healthy food/lifestyle, take your vitamins and cod liver oil too.

If you are going to San Francisco, be sure to bring a jacket with you wherever you go, especially if you are going to the wharf, Alcatraz island or into wine country. The region there has mico climates, meaning that it can be hot and sunny where you are and when you drive over to another area, it gets very windy or even chilly, especially after sun sets.

Dont try to cramp too much activities into the 1st day, hv sufficient rest and adjust to jet lag/time difference. If it is the first time the kiddos taking such long flight, pls make sure that they keep warm, cos long haul flights can sometimes get very cold after a few hours.

Last but not least, have a good time and don't worry too much. Like what Chief said, you are likely to catch H1N1 in S'pore as in US.

:celebrate:

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby kaydenbrown » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:51 am

It is a great time to be there! I just came back from there last month and the H1N1 seems to be subsiding there.

kaydenbrown
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Social, Outings, and Games