WEEKEND Events & Activities

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

WEEKEND Events & Activities

Postby daisyt » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:43 pm

Thinking to start this thread to give ideas for weekend outings and events happen round our little red dot. Here is one I am aware

Date : 29 – 30 Aug 2009
Event : Kite Festival Singapore 2009
Time : 4.00PM – 7.00PM
Admission: Free
http://www.act3international.com.sg/kitefest.htm

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

thank you

Postby AnalectsReader » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Thanks for the info :D

AnalectsReader
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vfong1 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:38 pm

Where can I buy a kite?

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby schellen » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:42 pm

vfong1 wrote:Where can I buy a kite?

Some places listed here: http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... php?t=5040

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: WEEKEND Events & Activities

Postby westmom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:30 pm

daisyt wrote:Thinking to start this thread to give ideas for weekend outings and events happen round our little red dot.

Great idea Daisyt! esp with FOC stuff !

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

leave the car at home

Postby penglee » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:29 pm

every trip on a double-deck bus...is a learning trip by itself.
The kids enjoy the top-front seats, where they get a bird's eye view :)

nparks, pub, ura offers links to free local garden/parks/water-bodies/heritage. Endless funs.

reference other blogs to gather more ideas :wink:
eg http://seenthisscenethat.blogspot.com

penglee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Under the Banyan Tree - Open Air Cinema

Postby daisyt » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 am

A programme of The National Museum Cinematheque, for the month of August and September, here are the film schedules. FREE *** Good for family outing, watch the film in open air and have bring along your picnic mat and food. Its just outside the museum, under the old big banyan tree.

Date : FRI 28 AUG 2009, 8:00pm
The Band Wagon
The Band Wagon marked the culmination of a series of near-autobiographical pictures Fred Astaire made for MGM following his return from premature retirement in the late '40s. Astaire plays Tony Hunter, a fading film star who decides to return to his former glory, the Broadway stage. His playwright-songwriter friends (Nanette Fabray and Oscar Levant) hook him up with Broadway's hottest director, Jeffrey Cordova (a nicely hammy Jack Buchanan), who proves that the "new" theater traditions can be an awkward fit with the old. Hunter also finds himself at odds with his prima ballerina leading lady (Cyd Charisse). Audiences will be treated to some quintessential MGM numbers: Astaire's solo ode "By Myself", the flashy arcade romp "A Shine on Your Shoes", Astaire and Charisse's romantic duet "Dancing in the Dark", the faux-German drinking song "I Love Louisa", the manic trio "Triplets" (with Astaire, Fabray, and Buchanan in matching baby outfits), the Mickey Spillane-esque "Girl Hunt Ballet", and the classic show-biz anthem "That's Entertainment". The Band Wagon is truly a classic backstage musical of its time.

Date : SAT 29 AUG 2009, 8:00pm
An American in Paris
A GI (Gene Kelly) stays in Paris after the war to become an artist, and has to choose between the patronage of a rich American woman (Nina Foch) or a French gamine (Leslie Caron) engaged to an older man. The plot is mostly an excuse for director Vincente Minnelli to pool his own extraordinary talent with those of choreographer-dancer-actor Kelly and the artists behind the screenplay, art direction, cinematography, and score, creating a rapturous musical not quite like anything else in cinema. The final section of the film comprises a breathtaking 17-minute-long breathtaking dance sequence that took a month to film. Songs include "'S Wonderful", "I Got Rhythm", and "Love Is Here to Stay".

For more details and September schedules, you can refer to the museum website. http://www.nationalmuseum.sg/nms/nms_ht ... ne_id=1518

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Social, Outings, and Games