Taking your kids to Museums :)

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Taking your kids to Museums :)

Postby chenSee » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:10 am

Going on field trips is quite normal for our kids. But you can also take your children on field trips on your own right? :imcool: . Can you suggest some good museums where i can take my princess..

chenSee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Taking your kids to Museums :)

Postby channie » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Singapore Arts Museum is quite good, they have some activities for the young!

channie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby hquek » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:46 pm

I am the one who likes to go museum, kids just have to follow.

I quite like the peranakan museum - my kids loved thundering up and down the staircases. the building is well preserved and there are interesting exhibits. also, they have stampers at different places and kids find it fun to collect all the imprints (the press type thing that imprints a mark on paper...sorry, not sure what the name is).

National Museum also big enough for them to run around (not that they are supposed to). They have now a singapore story or something, it's quite nice. Showcases singapore in the past and I faintly recall there are plenty of experiential stuff the kids can do.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby sundaymorning » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:12 am

hquek wrote:I am the one who likes to go museum, kids just have to follow.

I quite like the peranakan museum - my kids loved thundering up and down the staircases. the building is well preserved and there are interesting exhibits. also, they have stampers at different places and kids find it fun to collect all the imprints (the press type thing that imprints a mark on paper...sorry, not sure what the name is).

National Museum also big enough for them to run around (not that they are supposed to). They have now a singapore story or something, it's quite nice. Showcases singapore in the past and I faintly recall there are plenty of experiential stuff the kids can do.

I thinking of bringing my child to fort canning park , shall try the national musuem next time too ,good for children to learn and understand our nation :)

sundaymorning
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby White_Gale » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:19 pm

This March holiday i will be taking them to the various museums. Holiday in Singapore!

White_Gale
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby raynreg » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Free entry to national museums and heritage institutions for Singaporeans and permanent residents starting 18 May.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 41/1/.html

raynreg
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Imami » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:56 pm

Got a copy of I love museums guide Jan-mar2013 today. There is free admission for students, teachers, nsfs, children (below 6 YO) and senior citizens (above 60yo) enjoy free admissions YO all 8 national heritage board museums and institution everyday. One condition though - for singaporeans and PRs for admission to permanent galleries and selected galleries. For full details, pls visit www.nhb.gov.sg

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby picapica » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:28 pm

You can try and coincide your museum trips with special events there, in case you're worried the kids will get restless. I was at The National Museum just last weekend for the Public Garden Flea Market, tons of fun! And you get free admission to the museum, my kids really enjoyed it. Although I don't think Public Garden will be at NMS again next month, I'm sure there will be other fun events for families if you plan ahead.

Someone mentioned the Peranakan Museum, which I also love. But if you've been there before, something different to try is the Baba House at 157 Neil Road. They hold different Baba-themed exhibitions throughout the year, so very much worth visiting.

Have fun!

(If you're interested, here's a blog post on our day at the Public Garden Flea Market)

picapica
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby angel89 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:06 pm

It depends on what target area you are looking for. :) I prefer you go to the nearest museum on your place.. less hassle and you can spend more time inside the museum :)

angel89
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Social, Outings, and Games