Any suggestions for family bonding time??

All kids need sunshine, fresh air, friends, and a good caring heart for others. And for the matter, so do parents. Find out where to go when you are ready to stop and smell the roses.

Any suggestions for family bonding time??

Postby christy610 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Hey there! Christy here! Quite new here, and I've been wanting to do something really unique for family bonding time during the weekends. Any suggestions for any kind of activities that my husband, two kids and I could do? Thanks for all your help! :)

:thankyou: :salute:

christy610
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Any suggestions for family bonding time??

Postby fable » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Some things we have done this past year:
- Walk the treetops trail at MacRitchie
- Fly kites at Marina Barrage
- Forest Adventure at Bedok
- Visit the National Museum open houses
- Go for a walking tour of one of our heritage areas (Kg Glam, Joo Chiat etc)
- Take a walk along the Green Corridor armed with cameras (where the railway track used to be)
- Volunteer at an old folks home or childrens' home
- Visit Pulau Ubin / Sister Islands / Kusu Island
- Wake up super early and go to the fish wholesale market at pasir panjang
- walk alongside the kavadi carriers at the next Thaipusam festival (you'll have to wait a year, it was in Jan)

fable
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Nihauma » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:59 pm

rent and watch a movie together at home complete w popcorn and drinks.

Nihauma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:32 pm

Depends on the age and interests of the family members. My family is split half-half - 2 like the outdoors and more physical activities, 2 don't. So other than very occasional outdoor excursions, we mainly spend our family time playing board games or watching videos. At other times we will split - the active ones go out, the inactive ones stay home and read!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby christy610 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks for the replies and suggestions guys! Will definitely consider and go for it! Wow Fable, your family has had some awesome adventures! Always have wanted to go visit the Green Corridor, how was it? :D

christy610
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby em83 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Try doing some home activities? yea watching a family movie would be a great start! How bout decorating stuff together? could be a room etc. me, my kids and husband are planning to create/decorate a scrap book/ photo book for my mum's birthday present! I think it's a good opportunity to explore our creativity as a family and see whether we can work as a family or not hahaha!

p.s We got the idea from p;log (http://myplog.co) check their website out, tons of ideas and help! I think they have some promotion/contest on their facebook page!

em83
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby channie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Take a class together, like a mini cooking class??

channie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby channie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:32 pm

em83 wrote:Try doing some home activities? yea watching a family movie would be a great start! How bout decorating stuff together? could be a room etc. me, my kids and husband are planning to create/decorate a scrap book/ photo book for my mum's birthday present! I think it's a good opportunity to explore our creativity as a family and see whether we can work as a family or not hahaha!

p.s We got the idea from p;log (http://myplog.co) check their website out, tons of ideas and help! I think they have some promotion/contest on their facebook page!

I saw the p;log idea on another thread. They also have $100 and korea contest ongoing ehh! Has anyone tried it though??

channie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby GivingTree » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Try watching classic movies together for a change. Many of these movies have excellent plots and portray good values. A friend's kid starting an old movies blog... There are good titles there you can check out and borrow from the National Library.

http://classicflicksforkids.blogspot.sg ... ome_6.html

GivingTree
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lgerline » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:15 pm

building sandcastles..

lgerline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Social, Outings, and Games